Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sturgeon Smack down
I headed for Sugar cube creek at 4:00 am this morning. I wanted an early start on the day. I hit the hole at 6:00 and it was already 75 degrees. I took a friend with me today Joe. I have one of his videos up on youtube. Anyway I dropped both rods and in less than 5 minutes max I had two sturgeon on at the same time, I had a double. I set the hook on the second fish and released the bail and set the clicker. I reeled the first one in and managed to only twist the lines a little. I released that fish and picked up the second rod. I set the hook a second time and it was still there. both were between 4 and 5 foot.

I caught another shortly after that and it was in the 4 foot range. I dropped the bait again and the next one was a moby. I have video of this fish jumping and it was easily the biggest fish I have caught there. I fought it for several minutes with several jumps. It was a wild ride but I lost it. I had good tension on the line but it just unhooked.

The next fish was not real eventful. Pulled hard but no air time. This fish was about 5 foot.

The next one was a nice but I had the zoom too far in filming one of Joe's fish and the whole thing is blurry. The fish was a Sugar cube creek cookie about 4 to 5 foot.

My next fish is fish #6 and this one starts off with a temper tantrum on the top of the water that was awesome. This one was real close to the same length as my pole. I would put it at 6 and a half maybe better.

The next one was the same size over 6 foot and fat. I caught this one probably less than 10 minutes after I released the last one. This one starts off with an explosion on the surface. I didn't think this one was quite as big until it jumped right in front of the boat. It was that same size as the last one.

Fish # 8 was another cookie 4 to 5 footer. #9 was a little tiny guy about 2 foot long.

My last fish #10 was a 6 foot fish that I hooked in the left front fin. This fish had incredible ability's since it was not hooked in the mouth. I fought this fish for almost an hour. I finally ended up using the electric motor to fight the fish by dragging it. I got it tired out and got it unhooked. I ran out of battery before I got this one landed.

We ended up the day with 15 boated. We hooked and lost another 6 fish. It was an incredible day. I am going to be working on the video but it will be cut way short with mostly just jumps and splashes. Here are a couple pictures. Ron

[Image: Bigone1_zps554e804f.jpg]

[Image: Bigone2_zps27fa337f.jpg]

[Image: Joebigone_zps44fadebd.jpg]
[signature]
[#0000FF]TMF (Too much fun)

I'm guessing that there were some aching muscles the next day.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I am so beat down today it isn't even funny. [:/] Ron
[signature]
Been fishing there 15 years and had many a double digit day.
[signature]
[quote dtayboyz]Been fishing there 15 years and had many a double digit day.[/quote]

That would be ultimate CRAZY! When little, my Grandpa had a great little hole off Glenn's Ferry.
[signature]
Until this trip the most I have caught is 6. It was awesome. Ron
[signature]