Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Lakes on the 4th
In April I hurt my surgical knee backcountry skiing. Doc said another month, another month, and finally said, "come July 30th..........we are either going to do orthoscopic surgery (likely a miniscus tear) or you will be good to go". He suggested that I push it, live life, see if I can handle it.

So with that in mind, and the 4th of July crowds in full force.....I decided to go to Twin Lakes in Big Cottonwood Canyon. Since I never get fish out of there in "open" water months, thought I'd give it the good old college try on the fly.

The day always starts by passing Silver Lake.

[Image: IMG_9214_zps211e25c0.jpg]

And after a good climb I arrived at the goal, Twin Lakes.

[Image: IMG_9217_zps603e8f74.jpg]

Nothing but tourists and red shiners, so I passed by the inlet.

[Image: IMG_9249_zps2bef6289.jpg]

Tried the whole lake, with nothing in hand.

[Image: IMG_9222_zps23e09701.jpg]

Remembering that there is a trail that connects Twin Lakes to Lake Mary, I decided to ditch the crowds and do a little exploring. At times it felt hopless.

[Image: IMG_9265_zpsab9fbe73.jpg]

But persitance pays off, I made it to Lake Mary.

[Image: IMG_9273_zps5257de5f.jpg]

Really wanting a fish, I passed up Mary and headed up to to Lake Catherine. What a pretty place.

[Image: IMG_9277_zpsba52bfc0.jpg]

Threw the fly boxes at them....only getting one brookie to slup at my mosquito pattern. I blinked and missed the take, effectively getting out done by a brookie....ouch.

While leaving the lake I got one last pic of Catherine.
[Image: IMG_9293_zps4d72a9c9.jpg]

And of course, I just had to stop on the way down for a sunset picture oppertunity.

[Image: IMG_9301_zps83dff5c2.jpg]
[signature]
great pictures. Thanks for the report. Good luck with the knee.
[signature]