Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to the area
Hi all. My wife and I just moved to Salt Lake City from Cincinnati. Since I'm new to the area I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice as to good fishing spots near SLC. Being an Ohio native I never really had the opportunity to fish for trout but I plan on changing that now that I'm out here. Any tips are much appreciated.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT.

Hard to say what on the fishing. Do you have a boat or float tube? Many large reservoirs in the area, lots of creeks in the canyons, community ponds and even the Jordan River.

I would suggest that you look at a map of the area and pick two or three places that look interesting to you. Then do a search on here for more information on them specifically. I think just about everywhere in Utah and half of Idaho has been discussed in detail on here.

Great people on here that will help you out, but it might be best to ask questions on individual waters.

Good luck and don't be shy with your reports!
[signature]
Welcome to Utah and the forum! Little Dell, Deer Creek, Jordanelle, Strawberry and Rockport aren't too far away from SLC. I should tell you though that Little Dell is artificial flies and lures only. If you like rivers the Weber, Provo and Jordan are close by as well. There's plenty of hike into lakes in the near by canyons as well. Mill Creek, Big and Little Cottonwood river, and City Creek are pretty good if you just want a fix. There's a lot of knowledgeable folks on here to help you out along the way. Again welcome to Utah and the forum!
[signature]
Welcome to the site Flyboy41. Lots of places around SLC to fish, one of the closest to you is the Jordan river and Utah lake. I'm no expert on either place but I'm sure one of our members can help you. Utah lake is more of a warm water fishery but it has some decent LM bass and cats in it. The Jordan has a mixed bag of fish from warm to cold water fish.
WH2
[signature]