Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gettin the itch...
It comes earlier every year, I swear.

I'm starting to dream about October, the teal flying and my 12ga in my hands...Wahoo come on duckies!

My graduation present to myself this is going to be a trip up to canada in late october, early november.

8 dark geese a day, 8 ducks and 20 light geese, I CAN'T WAIT!!

Anybody else have plans for a special trip this fall?

Last years canada trip:
[inline 16992_10151079179006968_976775639_n.jpg]
[signature]
I would like to shoot my first duck ever.... Especially from my kayak. I was in duck central back in VA but saltwater fishing just overtook me.

A Canada trip sounds sweet!
[signature]
I know there's some great duck country back east but we're pretty lucky here in Utah too!

The Great Salt Lake marshes hold an immense number of birds every year, and there are very few places that have a greater variety of ducks.

I've shot or seen shot:
[ul][li]mallards[/li][li]gadwals[/li][li]northern shovelers[/li][li]widgeon[/li][li]Pintails
[/li][li]green wing teal[/li][li]blue wing teal[/li][li]cinnamon teal[/li][li]red heads[/li][li]scaup (bluebills)[/li][li]ruddy ducks[/li][li]buffleheads[/li][li]canvas backs[/li][li]Common goldeneyes[/li][li]Barrows goldeneyes
[/li][li]ring necks[/li][li]Buffleheads
[/li][li]Old Squaw[/li][li]Scoters[/li][/ul]
[signature]
Back in VA duck hunting is more comparable to golf. Lotto hunts, blinds every 1000 yards (must 1000 yards away from a posted blind to hunt). It's just a mess and not a good scenario for someone just trying to "break into" the sport. I am hoping with a little luck I can smack a few up here.
[signature]
there's a HUGE amount of public land within an hour of salt lake, your best bet is to just get out and do some exploring!

I can definitely point you in the right direction as the season gets closer, might even have room in the boat a time or two
[signature]