Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pahranagat lake fishing???
Any body fish here?And if so would should i expect?Thanks
[signature]
One on my list I was pondering checking out some day.

Off the Utah website:

Quote:[b]Conditions: Bait fishing is slow, but fly anglers report good fishing. Remember that all tributary streams are closed to fishing until July 13.
[/b]
[signature]
I think that you are talking about Pahranagat Lake near Alamo and not the one in Utah. I haven't fished there before. Are you going to fish the upper or lower lake? I have heard the lower lake is difficult to fish from the shore. Lots of weeds and tules. But the upper lake looks like it has more shore access than the lower lake. I have been told that there are a good population of blue gill, crappie and catfish. If you are looking for bass I know that Nesbitt Lake is pretty good but you need a boat/tub/kayak to access it because of all of the tules growing around the lake. If you end up going let us all know how it was. I have always wanted to give it a try.
[signature]
Ah, betting so. Had another closely spelled lake in my head that is in Utah... Doh, read more and type less...
[signature]
Ah, I know which ones now. Madi and I stopped there and fished part of a afternoon once coming back from Eagle before we had a boat. Caught some small catfish and that was it. If I remember correctly lead weights are not allowed there. Shore line access w/o tons of weeds or tules was limited. We fished off the break between several bodies of water. About the only decent access I remember. Bring bug spray!!!
[signature]
Yea i am talking about the one near alamo,i am going to be scouting for duck hunting so i thought i should bring a pole.Are there bass in there?
[signature]
And yea the upper one.
[signature]
I'm not sure if there are bass in the lake or not. The website fishingnotes says that there are both large and small mouth bass but I have not heard anyone catching any out of the upper lake. However, that does not mean that they aren't there. Maybe I will head up that way this weekend and check it out myself.
[signature]
NDOW's site says that there are largemouth bass that survived the draining of lake back in 2008.
[signature]
I spoke with a biologist up there a few months ago and there is a small population of LMB up there but all at the south end. I cant remember the exact name or spot but it was near one of the inlets to the south. I would recommend calling wildlife department up there. May ask about Nesbit also, when i spoke to them about that they didnt seem too thrilled with fish size and recommended Sunnyside over it.
[signature]
As stated the lake was drained in 08/09. Prior to that I had caught a few small bass and tons of huge carp.

The lake has battled carp issues forever, not sure if the draining handled that finally. I would be suprised if there is much in there other than a few small bass,gills and bullheads at this point.

Nesbitt is full of bass, but as stated, they are very small, the lake is very stunted, fun to fish, but dont expect much over 12 inches. Great place to take a kid to learn bass fishing, you will catch fish!

Sunnyside is the way to go all in, its well worth the extra drive time.
[signature]
+1 for Sunnyside if you are going after bass. I learned to bass fish at Sunnyside and I have caught tons of them out of Cold Springs. Great place to fish. I'm hoping to make a trip up there again at the end of the month.
[signature]