Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bear lake help
heading up to bear lake next weekend. never been. I have no boat but will be taking my tube. would like to catch a Mac. I don't think my chances are any good for that out of a tube. any help. tips. locations on lake that are good for tube, baits to take, lures, maps, anything that would increase my chances.
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
The east side of the lake over by 2nd Point or Cisco Beach drops off deep rather fast. So that is where I would go if I were trying for macs from a tube. I would verticle jig a white, 4" tube on about a 1/2 oz. lead head. Jig right off the bottom. Be sure to tip the jig with a piece of cisco, sucker, or chub. Don't be too surprised if what you end up catching are some nice cutthroats up there too.
[signature]
Thanks Old Coot

I'll be heading over to sportsmans to stock up on the tubes. don't have any that large in my box.
Is there any place around Riverdale / Ogden area that one could catch a few chubs ? caught a few ice fishing at Bountiful lake. wish I kept some for bait now.
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
I have a few cisco you are welcome to and a few chub. I sent you a Private Message (PM).
[signature]