Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floyd Lamb
[fishin] I took my10 year old grandson to Floyd Lamb Ponds this morning. This was our first time to go there so we went by what we had read on the forum. We got there about 5:30 and started in the 2nd pond. There were several people fishing for catfish, but we didn't see any results. We moved to the 3rd and 4th ponds --- lots of ducks and geese in the 3rd pond and no bites. I caught a couple of lmb in the 4th pond --- one about a pound and one about two and a half pounds --- caught them on a wacky rigged worm. My grandson only caught a green sunfish. It shutdown about 9:30 when it started getting hot. We saw a couple of other guys catching a few lmb in the 4th pond. I was expecting more action from what I've read, but that fishing! Any more tips on city pond fishing?
[signature]
Which pond are you referring to by 4th pond, 3rd pond etc?

Here is an ariel view of the ponds with their names.
[signature]
[fishin] Sorry about the confusion by referring to the ponds as 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. Thanks for the aerial map. We started fishing in Tule Springs Lake; then moved on to Cottonwood Lake where we had no bites; and wound up catching a couple of bass in Mulberry Lake. Floyd Lamb is quite a ways from Henderson, and I was looking for a better place where my grandson could catch some fish. Any suggestions?
[signature]
You could always hit Sunset Park. There is suppose to be a lmb, bluegill, catfish (during summer months), trout (during colder months), and carp
[signature]
I used to catch good numbers of LMB from Lorenzi park back around 95-97.

I know its been drained several times since then. Not sure there is anything in there anymore except for overgrown pets.

Could be a good place to catch some unique fish! Maybe a pacu or an oscar?

Vegas does not offer much urban fishing. But Nesbitt Lake outside of Alamo is full of bass and Kirch is awesome for bass in the summer and trout the rest the time. Well worth the drive.
[signature]
[fishin] Thanks for the info. I called Henderson Parks and they told me that Lorenzi was closed right now and is being renovated. It's supposed to be open again around the middle of August. We'll try Kirch when we get a chance.
[signature]
[fishin] Thanks for the input. We've tried Sunset a couple of times with no results. Maybe it is better now, so we'll try it again.
[signature]
[quote Dan79]I used to catch good numbers of LMB from Lorenzi park back around 95-97.

I know its been drained several times since then. Not sure there is anything in there anymore except for overgrown pets.

Could be a good place to catch some unique fish! Maybe a pacu or an oscar?

Vegas does not offer much urban fishing. But Nesbitt Lake outside of Alamo is full of bass and Kirch is awesome for bass in the summer and trout the rest the time. Well worth the drive.[/quote]

Where is Kirch?
[signature]
Google Wayne E Kirch or sunnyside as the old timers called it. Fair amount of posts on here about it if you look back.

Also some great ones by me with pics and details if you dig back. Seek and you shall find. Good luck! Have fun and tight lines
[signature]
Just out of curiosity, were you releasing them back? I'm always catch and release unless I'm out at the lake, little kids can't have fun when everybody is keeping all the fosh from these small pomds and they're not reproducing quick enough, I'm wanting to go and bring a friend of mine because its not far, I normally fish winter for trout, but were you just using worms? Or throwing different lures.
[signature]
[fishin] Yes, we practice catch & release unless the fish swallows the lure and dies. I'm not sure if they stock all the ponds, or if the fish swim down to the lower ponds from the upper pond when the water is high. I was using a 5" dark colored worm rigged in the middle "wacky style". My grandson tried some other lures with no luck, but he did see a couple of guys across the pond who were catching a few bass on small swimbaits. Thanks.
[signature]