Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Day at Bear Lake 11-30-03
It was raining pretty good when we left Hyrum this morning. The canyon was slick in spots due to the black ice. We launched on the south beach by Gus's point. I forgot my fish finder[Sad] today so we had to wing it. We were jigging in about 80 foot of water. We netted 12 fish today all of them Macs. My buddy and I each caught one 10 pounds or better. I was out fished today 8 to 4. And thats okay. I tried earlier to post some pics but they didn't come out. If I figure it out later I will post them.

[#ff0000]Here ya go Idaho![Wink][/#ff0000]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1766;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1767;]
Great report!!

If ya want wome help posting them pics, shoot them over in a email to me. [Smile]
[signature]
Thanks Teroy they are on the way
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Nice day of fishing! Sounds like the post spawn is in full swing! If you need help with the pics, IN, run them by the house and I'll show you how to do it. It's a breeze. (IN only lives 4 blocks from me). How was the weather on the lake? [/size][/font]
[signature]
The weather was good. The water was calm. And there were only 3 boats on the water
Not too bad for a day without the finder! Congrats on the nice fish. What were you guys jigging with?
[signature]
Great report and nice looking fish, it sounds like the catching is really improving. Do you usually launch at Gus's point and does it cost to launch there? WH2
[signature]
I started with a white tube and then my friend changed over also. All the fish were caught with the white tube and cisco. I changed after a while to several different colors and only got one other strike.
the water is much lower this year thereby making it more difficult to launch. We have to push the boat off and push it back on. It was easier than I thought it would be but it is definetly a 2 man job. There is no charge there. I am sue in the summer time there is.
Man I am getting excited once again for the possibility of catching another big fish. I need to go buy some more baits for this trip this weekend.
[signature]
Good luck to you. I fished Bear Lake a long time before I caught a big one.
Nice fish, bro. Those are some real lunkers! Not bad for forgetting the fishfinder. Those Bear Lake Macs seem to really be silvery in color and don't seem to have much of the blue color with the light spots. Interesting. Maybe the lighter colored ones spend more time up higher and not as deep as the darker colored ones? Just a guess. Anyhooters, when I get a boat, I'm gonna head up there often!
[signature]
I was blessed on my first trip to Bear Lake a few weeks ago, or it might have been that i was with BLM. Being on his boat seemed to increase our chances on the macks. I had way to much fun catching macks. 2 over 12 lbs and one 6 and one 8 lber too. Hopefully I can get rid of this crap I have and feel better to go this sat.
[signature]
It isn't luck when you catch fish on BLM's boat on Bear Lake. He knows what he is doing up there (paid his dues with countless hours fishing it), and that knowledge definitely increases one's odds of catching fish.

Hey Polokid, I sure hope that you can get over what ails you, we both can't be coughing on Saturday, what if we have a different bug, and we start the cycle all over again?
[signature]
I wish you all well on the sickness . I been fighting one since october and still have a cough to deal with . I don't think I had the flu and hope I don't get it too .
[signature]