Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield (11/30)
After realizing the weather men were going to be wrong again and it was'nt going to rain today, Yper Jr. and I headed out around 11:30 from Roy, and arrived and the lake around 2:00. No sooner did I drop a green rat finkee spiked with a waxie, with a gold colored swedish pimple about six inches above, I pulled in a nice 15 inch football size rainbow from about 16 feet of water right off the bottom. Jr. was fishing with a white cricket on a white jig head, he out fished me with four fish to my two. The bite was realy light, and we missed a bunch. There was only about 12 to 15 other anglers there, and we were the last to leave around 4:00 pm. It was our first trip up there and it was will worth the drive.
[signature]
how was the ice at that time of the day?? What was the air temp?? thx[Smile]
[signature]
I am guessing the temp was around 40 deg. It was quite warm when we first got there, then a breeze started kicking up and it was a little chilly but not to bad we only had to wear jackets. The ice about 4 inches with just a hint of slush, by the time we left the holes we were not fishing in were freezing over.
[signature]
good to hear you made it out today. where you using a strike indicator?
[signature]
One of the rods we took up with use did have a spring bobber but it was'nt in very good shape, been on the rod a couple of years.
[signature]