Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huntington/Scofield Report 11/30
Went to Huntington this morning, fished for 4 hours and only got 9. My favorite rig only managed 3. Nothing seemed to work better or worse than anything else. I did get one 20" that was probably 3 pounds. The few people on the ice we talked too, didn't fare very well either. Gave up at noon and went to Scofield. Slower than yesterday but still fun. Still 2 to 1 small planters vs. bigger ones. Catching was faster than 9 in 4 hours. Dan did get a really nice Bow about 21" and maybe pushing 4 pounds. The guys next to us got a big 21-23" Cutt, maybe 5 pounds, a very nice fat fish. It was inches, not feet, sorry for the mistake, I know I brag but come on. I corrected it.
[signature]
Sounds like a fun day, even though the catching wasn't red hot. Do you ever get a chance to snap some pics of the fish you catch? Love to see the tigers, they are amazingly cool fish. How many people were on the ponds today? Thanks for the report IFG.
[signature]
I usually take pics but my son needed my digital camera for the weekend. My wife won't even let me look at hers, so, no pics. There was maybe 12 people at Huntington and maybe 100 or so at Scofield, but we didn't get there until 1.
[signature]
Nice report Scott, sounds like you guys had a good day, what was the hot lure of the day? WH2
[signature]
Huntington, white what-a-crickets got one, little pink jig and shrimp got 2, black and green jig got 2, orange and green jig got one, and I don't remember what the others were caught on, we ended up throwing the tackle box at them.

On Scofield, "THE" hot lure of the day was a little green and silver Crappie stlye jig tipped with nightcrawler. Yesterdays hot lure was the what-a-cricket, jig/shrimp combo.
[signature]
So you use shrimp for ice fishing, I'm guessing they are the small salad shrimp? I was wondering what the 1996 is for at the bottom of all your post? WH2
[signature]
They are raw shrimp (any size, cheap), just a very small piece on small pink or white jig (about size 16 or 18). Used to imitate the small fresh water shrimp common in many lakes and rivers. I think fly fisherman call them Scuds, but I'm not sure that's what the ones in the lakes are called. . 1996 is the date I came up with the saying, "I get hot, when it gets cold", it's a long and boring story.
[signature]
We fished Scofield on the 29th and it was awesome. Fished over by the Dam and could'nt keep them off. Caught alot of smaller ones though. Hot jig for us was a White rat-finkee about 10 inches below a Kastmaster tipped with a waxworm.
[signature]