Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 7/18/13
hit willard Thursday morning trying to enjoy my furlough day. As slow as it is tthis time of year I decided to go after spawning kitties. I have located various prime areas the last couple of years and they didn't disappoint. I decided to pull cranks over the top of the structure and caught 6 good males up to 25". I pinpointed an area that the fish were coming off of and set the spot lock on the terova. First cast with a crank and wham.... Fish on. But to my surprise it was a nice wiper. Second cast, second wiper. Third cast, walleye. I caught 7 good wipers and the walleye there. I guess the baby cats had hatched and the others were raiding the nests. Judging from the marks on the cats it must be one hell of a fight down there. All the fish had baby cats in there belly. The walleye was 20" and the wipers were 23-25". Figure if I'm not getting paid, I might as well go fishin.......[fishon]
[signature]
looks like you did great.
[signature]
Nice! Been wanting to head up there and toss cranks to see what might be interested!
[signature]
Wow nice wipers, way to go Mike. So do you work at Hill too? Later J
[signature]
yup, I'm one of those government employees that are the cause of all our money problems.........
[signature]
Me too. Nice to have the extra time off, but my paycheck is sure suffering. Later J
[signature]
Dude, where in the world did you catch big wipers like those!!! Hey, I'll make you a deal, tell me where in a PM and I'll tell you where the eyes are hanging out[Wink]. Lately, all I'm catching is eyes, no wipers[unimpressed]. Nice haul, my friend.
[signature]
There are a lot of BFT members on the site that are either retired from the Base or still work there. I spent my furlough day at Starvation fishing for the eyes. Lots of fish but a lot a small ones. The next furlough day the 26th will be spent at the Gorge after the Kokes.
[signature]
Sounds like you'll be using them well. Good luck at the Gorge. I knew there were a lot of BFT members at Hill, but I keep finding new ones that I didn't know about before. I probably work with some and don't know it. Later J
[signature]
They're over by my structure on the south side of the lake curt, you know where it's at. They were caught on 1/2 oz gizzard shad hot n tots. Slow retrieves. [fishon]
[signature]
I was at starvy on Saturday, here's one of the biggest. Gotta use the time off wisely...... [fishon]
[signature]
Nice fish, did you fish the night tourney?
[signature]
Yeah. That fish took big fish and we won the tourney. Our 3 largest were 4.8, 5.4, and 6lbs. It was fun watching the sun go down and come back up on the same trip...... [crazy]
[signature]
Congrats, did you fish with Todd? I know he was going to fish it. I heard there might be 15 or 16 teams or more this year.
[signature]
I fished with a friend of mine from vernal. There was only 7 or 8 teams.
[signature]
Well congrats anyway, I had heard that there might be more than that. Those long nights are too much for an old fart like me, I can usually make it until 3 A.M or so then I'm about done. [:/]
[signature]
I know a couple of guys went and took a nap for a couple of hours. 12 hours on the lake all night took its toll on me.
[signature]
that's my shift 7 to 7 seen that great ball of fire come up and go down meany of time u got to be part friggin vampire to do that shift.
[signature]