Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you all deal with bad customer service?
Recently decided to get into fishing from a toon so i bought a creek company sport lt toon from cabela's.After inspecting it at home i found problems with rust in every piece of it's steel frame as though it was stored horribly.
Cabela's was good enough to offer a replacement frame (from the same place the other was stored so i declined) instead i opted to contact Creek Company personally.Well after explaining the situation to their cs rep i was assured their product new from the cabela's store shouldn't have had this issue.Their response was to send me a frame,a used frame which like the other was showing rust.
I have yet to launch this thing but creek company just doesn't seem to care about their customers it seems to me so before even getting it wet i may just return it for a refund.Thoughts?
[signature]
Your lucky you bought from Cabellas, which gives full refunds. You've tried 2 approaches, so time to ask for a refund.

Pon

[quote Tjk] Recently decided to get into fishing from a toon so i bought a creek company sport lt toon from cabela's.After inspecting it at home i found problems with rust in every piece of it's steel frame as though it was stored horribly.
Cabela's was good enough to offer a replacement frame (from the same place the other was stored so i declined) instead i opted to contact Creek Company personally.Well after explaining the situation to their cs rep i was assured their product new from the cabela's store shouldn't have had this issue.Their response was to send me a frame,a used frame which like the other was showing rust.
I have yet to launch this thing but creek company just doesn't seem to care about their customers it seems to me so before even getting it wet i may just return it for a refund.Thoughts?[/quote]
[signature]
[#0000FF]Sorry about your poor experience. But it has been better than a few other CC buyers have had. I know of at least a couple of their toons that have had the frame come apart while the new owners were out on the water. That can ruin your day.

In fairness, Creek Company has been good about replacing defective products. But my opinion has always been that you are better to buy RIGHT the first time (quality) and not have to worry about problems later.

Creek Company tubes and toons are made "offshore" for the "price market". Quality is sacrificed...both in materials and assembly...just to get the price down where first time buyers and those on a budget can better afford their units. Some of their tubes...like the ODC 420...are not a bad buy for the buck. But their quality-deficient low end pontoons are downright dangerous.

There are some new entrants into our sport that have limited funds or are not sure about whether or not they will use their craft enough to justify spending more. And if that is all they can afford to spend then at least they have SOMETHING. But I do not know of any serious tuber or tooner who still owns a Creek Company toon after using it a while and observing what else is on the market.

Your call on getting a refund. If you can put together a few more bucks to upgrade that would be my recommendation.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
The rust on a new frame is disturbing I am sure but in reality if a frame is made of steel it is going to rust. I have had a couple of them. Actually my son still has one and I sold mine. After you put them in the water once you will see rust, that is just going to happen. My son's boat is an old one and it holds up to what we use it for. He uses it a couple times a year and my wife rides on it maybe a couple times a year. They are difficult to balance and they don't track straight at all.

I have a couple other pontoons with steel frames. One is powder coated steel tubing and the other is galvanized steel pipe. You can see a little rust here and there. It is going to happen. Even if you get a stainless steel frame it is going to get some rust on it some where if treated poorly enough. The only way to get 100% away from it is to get an aluminum frame or no frame. But to be honest if you keep them clean and wipe them down with an oil cloth most steel frames will last a very long time.

I would steer clear of Creek co. But that is just my opinion I would take it back.

Ron
[signature]