Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anvil Draw Sunday
Well I went to try to fish Saturday and Sunday and when I got there Saturday it was blowing how it does in Wyoming so we launched and trolled around the bay area for a few minutes then pulled out and went and set up camp... I didnt even get a pole out just showed my friend how to use a downrigger mostly. Sunday morning went out and tried against the cliffs on the east side from the Anvil launch and fishing wasnt slow but it wasnt hot either just kept picking up kokes off and on kept switching colors and it didnt seem to help. Caught around 12 kokes from 7-2 and probably 4-5 macks biggest being 2lbs and I had to take a picture of the little guy that ate a rapala almost as big as himself. I have done much better there but just not that day. Best colors for us were orange squids with a spinner at the nose and a purple squid with a pink spinner we used silver and pink dodgers we tipped with gulp maggots. Trolled 55-70 FOW over 140FOW 1.4-1.8mph. My buddy and I brought home 6 kokes and filleted them and ate a couple last night and looking forward to some for lunch today [Smile]
[signature]
Nice report, thanks. J
[signature]