Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cow Moose?
Anybody know when they will open the hunt back up? I've been putting in for bonus points and will continue to do so. I imagine the meese [:p] must have taken a pretty hard hit to have the hunt shutdown for so long. That's a biologists decision, not mine. I'll wait as long as I have to, just curious if anyone has any insight on the current moose population numbers or future outlook. Maybe a better place to look for information or a contact?
[signature]
There is also a disease that has been hurting them. Can't remember if it is bacterial, viral, or fungal. Add that with the occasional wolf kill and you've got yourself a recipe for disaster. They are hardly even giving away any bull permits. I personally don't think we'll ever see the cow tags return.
[signature]
That's crazy. I haven't been on any of the hunting forums but I hope the outlook is better than that. I hunt fish like most hunters hunt big game...does that make sense? I watch cameras, water levels, reports, rumors, history, DNR, god ol' boys, size, numbers, locals, etc. I don't know if I have the energy to hunt. I've been discouraged from hunting in Utah, I put in for bonus points this year on everything because my experience on public land last year was "bleeped out by BFT mods [Wink]" lol. Target practice is for Lee Kay, not for the elk hunt up on the mountain (3 groups target shooting on second day of hunt). So frustrating.
My daughter is old enough to hunt now. I don't care about my picture at Sportsmans Warehouse or Cabelas I just want to have her bag her first kill or be with me when I get one, despite the species. Just venting. You can't eat antlers, just would like to hunt without a bunch of jack asses in $15,000 atv's zooming around the mountain. Hopefully I can draw a moose hunt one day and then put my efforts elsewhere.
[signature]