Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New CVA Accura MR ?
Anyone out there own the new CVA MR muzzleloader and if so are you having any luck shooting it? I have been experimenting with different bullets and powders and still haven't found just the right load for mine. Thought maybe someone out there could save me some time and money if they had one of these new muzzleloaders and share some success info with me. I've tried the powerbelts and barnes bullets and also pyrodex pellets, white hots, and pyrodex P powder. I currently have some other bullets and powder on order to try out, but it would be nice to have some insight on a proven load. The info I'm finding on the internet isn't helping much as of now, and it's starting to wear into my wallet. Would appreciate any help, THANKS.
[signature]
Sure thought someone would of had some input on this, oh well. I finally got the right combo for my new CVA and it's sweet. The key ingredients were the Blackhorn209 powder, Barnes T-EZ 290gr bullets, and CCI magnum primers. Just thought I'd throw this out there in case someone else needed a little help besides me.

If your a muzzleloader hunter you've got to try the Blackhorn209 powder. It's great stuff and it does what they claim, a little pricey but worth it.
[signature]