Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yfz45011, rock island & percy priest, bass catfish, 7/27/13, kayla(gf)
Fished sat morning tx at rock island out of cottens marina. Stayed close to the dock in attempt to save gas. We done our best to just slow down and fish taking our time. Threw a big worm, jig, DD crankbait, a square bill and a centipede worm. All fish come on jig and the centipede. We fished from behind the island back to and around the dock and the at the bridge at the dam the the flat across from the intake up Collins. Only boated 3 short fish. Had a couple get off including 2 good keepers the were on the bank headed back to the dock. We struggled for the 3rd week in a row and had a bad problem with keeping fish hooked up. But it happens I guess. Had a good turnout though with 12 boats. Forgot what won but it was a 5 fish limit. <br /><br />From there I was wanting to do a little night fishing and felt we needed to redeem ourselves so we headed to priest after a short nap we got there right at dark and fished til 2am. Went south to the lower end throwing a hair jig and mop jig and a blade. It was to windy to fish the hair jig around four corners so we come back up a little piece to get outta the wind and stuck with the blade catching several fish and only loosing one right at the boat that I believe was a bronzeback. Had two keeper largemouth one that went 4 1/2-5 lb and the other was bout a 2lb keeper. All fish were caught on blade on a rock bank in less than 8 ft. Man that blade sure is fun esp wen they smack the heck outta it bout yanking the rod from your hands. Water temp was about 82 with my threw hull transducer. And almost forgot....... we caught 3 flatheads 2 at priest and one at rock island. The one at rock island was on a jig and was thrower back. And caught two more at priest, one on a blade and one on a hair jig and they too were released. All in all a great weekend with the girlfriend (soon to be wife!) Hope you all enjoyed the weekend as well.