Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek Report
Hit the water at about 8:45 Sunday morning and was surprised at the nice conditions - weather calm and water temp 40 degrees. It wasn't bad for launching (18' boat) and the water level is still down.

Three of us fishing - one for the standard trout - trolling spoons and hooked several and landed six 13" to 14" rainbows.

The other two were fishing deep and trying to hook an eye. We tried worm harness, crankbaits, and downriggers with various lures. We all had several bites and never did catch a eye but did get some eye scales on a lure's treble hook. (Not the good eating kind).

There were about 4 other boats on the water and one red chev truck got the bonus ticket for parking on the beach - $74 is what my lesson cost me last year. Seemed like all the boats were catching trout.

If the weather and conditions hold we'll probably going to try it next weekend - only this time we will be the jig attack mode.

The Eyes have it won this battle but the war is FAR from over....

All fish were released and had a great day...
[signature]
Sounds like you had a good day. You must of been in the right depth for snagging some scales off a walleye.

I wished the southern part of the state had some variety of fish.
[signature]
Nice report Lundman, I'm glad to see someone is still fishing deer creek. Too bad the walleye did not want to play but I would think your jig attack would work if you can find them. WH2
[signature]