Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Archery
Just over a week until the arrows begin to fly. For the first time I will be hunting from a tree stand (for as long as I can take it)[Wink]. I'll be between echo and Evanston. Anyone else archery hunting this year and where are you headed?
[signature]
Yes headed up by bear lake to unit 2. Do you know of antone else headed up there? Where about are you hunting in between echo and evanston? Been scouting at all?
[signature]
I don't of anyone who hunts that unit. I will be on the south side of I-80 by a little town called Emory. Haven't seen any monsters but the trail cam has snapped some pics of a decent 3x4. Sure hope he pays me a visit during the season.
[signature]
I am headed up to the north slope by long park resevoir.
[signature]
The wife and I are headed to our usual area near Strawberry, she drew a buck tag and we both have cow tags as well as our spike tags. Our favorite water hole has been dry this year as well as last year so we will have to try a couple different spots.
[signature]
I have some water holes up in that area if you need a place to look especially after the openeing weekend when everybody goes home.

I will be hunting around the summit lodge area. Got a few trail cam pictures of some spikes in the area. If they will cooperate I may be done hunting within the first hour of light.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Things seem dry all over the state. Lots of folks saying the same thing. Most areas that typically hold water are bone dry. Good luck with your new spots keep us posted how it goes.
[signature]
I will be attempting to kill a buck with a bow this year for the first time. Cache unit
[signature]
That was me 3 short years ago. Good luck to you and let us know how you do..
[signature]
Oh yes, the greatest time of year. Hanging my tree stand tomorrow, and checking the camera. Can't wait until the weekend....
[signature]
I hear that. Can't wait for next weekend. What type/style of stand do you have?
[signature]
I surely will i feel like ive done my homework. Although I sure wish the sheep and vicious sheep dogs would steer clear of my areas. Im sure those dogs run every animal within a million miles off. That sure is frustrating
[signature]
Thanks for the offer but we will stay in our area as our camp is allready in place. Good luck on your hunt.
[signature]
Drew out a different tag then my son so it looks like I'll be playing spotter while he hunts with his cousins this year. Prefer the cooler temps of the extended anyways.
[signature]
I just have an old fashioned fixed stand. Takes me about 5 or 6 screw-in steps and a few limbs to get up about 20 feet or so. Trail cam is looking good, few ok bucks and a couple nice bulls. Lots and lots of does and cows. Couple different spikes of each species as well. Now I am extra excited.
[signature]