Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 duck numbers
Looks like there will still be a great flight this year, not quite as good as last year but still much better than it has been. Water levels in the WMAs (except BRBR) will be just like they always are, water levels on the GSL are way down from last year so birds and hunters will be more concentrated.

Just a few more weeks boys!!

[Image: duckNumberChartFinalB.jpg]
[signature]
cool now i got a water dog that will go get em for me that will be nice
[signature]
What did you get?
[signature]
Smile You get a mud motor on your boat?The numbers are looking the same but without water in the lake the ducks are not going to stick around the south shore area's again. Last year was so much different than the year before.
[signature]
a Chesapeake. Its odd she is tiny for being a chessy . But man she will go! shes about 11 months and a retrieving machine.
[signature]
There will be plenty of ducks around tony, might have to change our strategy a bit though!

No mud motor on my boat, but a good buddy is getting an excell 1854 with a 45hp surface drive on it, so I'll have access to something that should get me down the turpin pretty quick!

Another buddy is just finishing up his 300hp dragonfly airboat, it's going to be a good season!
[signature]
Dang good looking pup you got there! Chessies are fantastic duck dogs, she'll treat you right this fall!
[signature]
Man!Friends in high places! [Wink]
Looks like you will be able to get about anywhere you want to be this year.
I did hear about your friend on the mud motor forum the other day talking about the 300HP motor he was building, them little boats look really cool. Did he go with the glass boat or the aluminum?

Your right Me and some of my friends have been out to utah lake looking around. We also have a small piece of private ground I am trying to lock down over by the airport. Friend of a friend type of thing. We have been going down there fishing for cats and it is in a great area with plenty of pass shooting.

Keep in touch.
[signature]
I'm so stoked for this season I can hardly stand it!

Wife got me a Franchi 20ga autoloader for my birthday and I'm aching to get it out!

Glade went with the aluminum I believe, 1484 boat with a big brush guard on it. 3.2 liter acura engine and gator glide on the bottom, he says it ought to do 70mph but I'd rather not be with him when he does!
[signature]
Maybe this is the year I get into duck huntin. The numbers sure sound good.
[signature]
I bet you are! it's going to be really fun for you.

DUDE! I'm jealous, your wife is to good to you. [Tongue]Have you shot it?

Man that is hauling in a boat, I wouldn't want to go that fast in a boat skimming accross the mud, My buddies friend with a 17' and a mud buddy 45 got thrown from the boat at utah lake, they got really lucky and the boat went straight off the clump off reeds they hit going side ways at about 22mph. I will have to show you the picture head to toe covered with mud. I'm going to a surface drive motor on the scanoe, going to buy the frame and put my motor on it should have it a couple weeks into the season, it will be custom made for the scanoe.

Like I said keep in touch and we will get out. I plan on going up your way more often then not. Going to be shallow where I usually hunt.
[signature]
That surface drive sounds sweet, can't wait to see it! Are you anticipating much more speed with the new setup?

Who's making the frame for you?
[signature]
Dixie Mud Motors.
They got bought out 6-8 month ago, the new owner got an engineer to go over the whole motor from ground up and lets just say I am impressed with the new frame and bearing system. Just all together a better built surface drive now.

With my motor should be allot faster than my current setup . My buddy Brandon got his last year and the first time out with a stock 6.5hp BS was staying up with me and my hopped up suby. couldn't believe it? but he is running a 8X6 prop on that thing and mine is a 7X5. they run a little deep stock so he had t get a jack plate made and I got dixie to raise the box 2 inches for me,plus I might have them put a V on the front of the box to help the problem we are having.

will see how it works out, one nice thing about it is it is going to be a heck of allot easier to drive and that's what I'm looking forward to. [Smile]

this is an early pick of Brandon's sitting on the back of his scanoe.
[signature]
you're going to tear your little scanoe apart with your high performance motor and a surface drive! That thing ain't supposed to be going 20mph!

I'm actually pretty familiar with dixie mud motors, even met one of their distributors in the marsh. There had been a lot of people snapping welds and drive lines on the bigger motors before they got bought out, but it sounds like everyone is happy with the new changes that have been made under the new owner, it ought to treat you well if your boat doesn't snap in half from all that speed!

I've actually been looking at a 16' scanoe and a dixie SD myself....
[signature]
NAH! It can handle my abuse. Smile And I don't want 20 MPH. 15 is fine I just want to scoot across the mud flats I have to cross in my hunting spots.I don't even care how fast I go across them I as long as it does it. [Wink] the Longtail does a great job everywhere else except when the prop starts coming out of the water. then it starts to cavitate and loses it's bite. You haven't been out with me since the motor mods have you?

Yeah I know Steve and he is a good buddy of my friend wade, they go out running quiet often in the summer.

? really i thought you were more of a 16' 45 hyper drive type of guy! LOL!
Fill me in with the detail over text or a PM.
[signature]