Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pruess Lake
I do some field work for the Great Basin and have been working in the west desert and came upon this lake named Pruess. If any one has any information on it I would appreciate it a PM would be fine. I will be out there all this week and plan on fishing it a few times.
[signature]
http://www.nps.gov/grba/planyourvisit/fr...stions.htm

This is what I found out about it.
[signature]
I've never heard of it before. I was looking at it on google maps though, and there's another reservoir about 8-10 miles south of Pruess called "Mormon Gap Reservoir", it's quite a bit smaller. You should check em' both out and let us know how it goes.
[signature]
Tube Dude and I talked about this lake in the past. I wanted to make a trip out there for Sacramento Perch. It is also called Garrison Reservoir and had a large population of Sacramento Perch in it. But I guess those have dwindled and have not heard of any reports from there. However, if I was a local and fishing for those was good, I probably wouldn't say anything either!
[signature]
Quote:PERCH, Sacramento 1993 4 lb 5 oz 17" 15" Harlan G. Thomas Garrison Res. (Pruess Lake)
20 year old record. I always threatened to drive out to fish while I lived and worked in Milford. Went by a few times. Darn near dry every summer. Mormon Gap ain't nothin'. Water hole for cattle and antelope. Sacramento Perch are NOT perch. They're a species of sunfish. Kinda like Smallmouth Bass.
[signature]
They kinda look like crappie on steroids
[signature]
[#0000FF]Maybe Geezer will chime in here. He grew up in that area and fished it a lot as a youngster (long time ago). He still has family out that way and gets occasional reports...on water levels, etc.

We have been codgertatin' trips out there either in May or during the winter...for ice fishing...but Mama Nature always gets nasty about the time we plan to head over.

Still Sacramento perch in there. Also some channel cats and carp. Not sure about what else. That's why I wanna get over there too.

It is never a deep lake...deepest at the dam end to the north. And I suspect it will be suffering this year along with other irrigation ponds.

Geezer said the best fishing is in the early spring, at the south end of the lake...with plain old worms. I have fished for Sacramento perch a couple of places in California and I can verify they hit a variety of jigs...especially if you tip them with worm.

Here's a pic of a mounted Sac perch from Pyramid Lake in Nevada.

[inline Sacperch.jpg]
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I tried to send ya a PM but got the message that you don't exist????? Am I hallucinatin er whut? Shoot me a PM so's I can just reply to it willya?
[signature]
click on his underlined name to send the email. You probable left out the _ between the 2 words that doesn't show up when you're hallucinating.
[signature]
Tom, did you go to his profile and click where it says, Send private message? Here is a link to his profile: [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/community/community.cgi?do=user_page;pg=user_profile_view.html;username=LIL_FISH"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/community/community.cgi?do=user_page;pg=user_profile_view.html;username=LIL_FISH[/url]
[signature]
Thanks to all for the help I will post pictures and tell you how I did next weekend since I am away from the computer all week. That is if there is still water in the lake it was low two weeks ago and hopefully still good fishing when I get there.
[signature]