Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another UL cat report

Had my crew on the water early this a.m. The water in the LB launch channel is dropping under 3 ft now. Nice morning... cloudy and not too hot.

Fishing was hot. We caught about 20 cats in the 22-27 inch range... all fat and sassy -- good fighters. The cats are in fine health now with big bellies and good green and white color. Carp meat was the bait of choice.

First mate caught one that will boost his cat contest score a bit -- 27 inches. Fun day. Spent a lot of time talking my crew out of giving up school to become professional cat fishermen.[Wink]

BLK
[signature]
Great report. Looks like you cheated first mate 1/2" or perhaps even more on that measurement. In what depth of water did you find the cats?
[signature]
We were at BI today, NW side, 4-5 feet deep. Good bite between about 7-9:00.Crew had to get back for football practice or we would have stayed longer.

Poor pic can be blamed on the captain -- half inch slide to the right would fill all of 27 inches. All cats were chucked overboard today. Always fun with kids on board.

Day off tomorrow and then back at 'em Wed. Tough... really tough.[:p]

BLK
[signature]
I'm pulling for you guys! I dropped out this year due to bass fishing and work. I thought Utah lake would be an easy win but catman ain't letting that happen.
[signature]
Glad they are still bitting I hope I can launch my pontoon
[signature]
Were you fishing under a bobber? Or carolina rig on bottom? Hoping to get out to BI this Sat and Sun morning early.
[signature]
We just use a weightless line and fish right on the bottom. Lots of snags in the rocks so we lose a lot of hooks. A bobber would probably work too and would save a lot of hooks.

Missed my trip out there today because my wife had other plans for me. Will be there tomorrow and Fri. Seems like the cats have moved out a little deeper now -- 4 to 6 feet brought the most action.
If we do well again I'll add a post to this thread. If we find that 30+ incher we have been after I will definitely be braggin' it up with pics all.[Smile]

Hope you get out there and good luck to ya.

BLK
[signature]