Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is my story
Here is your Joes Valley report you asked for with pics too.[laugh]
I got to the reservoir just after 10 am, I made a stop at Huntington North for a couple of hours. I have decided Huntington North is devoid of fish. What fish I did see on the sonar were in small pockets. I cruised from the launch ramp around the dam and then cut across the lake directly across from the ramp. I found some interesting structure but no fish. The fish that I did find we sporadically located in small pockets and none wanted to bite. So two hours later I left.
Now Joes is an intriguing reservoir that I want to go back and hit it again. The water is so low right now that the ramp is closed and gated. I had to haul my toon down to the lake and after three trips of hauling gear I decided no motor, the battery is just a little too heavy. I would have needed to make to more trips totaling 5. SO I hit the water blind. Careful when launching there, the mud is so thick that I sunk to the middle of my calves. Nice and oozy!
I did see a nice sized tiger muskie cruising the surface. I also got a hit on a clouser but silly fish didn't know how to hang on so I have no idea what hit it. I was then subsequently blown off the lake at 11:30. If I had the motor I could have lasted longer. Got tired of fighting the wind. So that is my story and I am going to stick with it.
[signature]
Did you have to pay to get in? I don't get the gate closure at all.
[signature]
No payment needed. Parking lot was wide open. The gate is at the top of the ramp. Can't drive down it to launch.
[signature]
What were you targeting at Joes?
[signature]
Tiger Muskie!!! Also they have tiger trout and splake.
[signature]
You might want to add something other than a Clouser.[Wink] Is there any other launching spots?
[signature]
There are a few pull offs around the lake and an old ramp but they are a bit of a walk. The first ramp you come to is the easiest. After today I realize I need to get a wheel for the toon.

I know there are other things than clousers, but alas I only have so many flies. I was also trying a woolly bugger as well. Since it is a trout lake after all.[bobWink]
[signature]
The original boat ramp ( main one) is on the other side of the lake from where you took the pics, and is usually accessable all year. Next time you go check with me , there are several small lakes in the area that would be fun on your tube if weather and wind are a problem.
[signature]
Where is that from the camp grounds?
[signature]
Sorry your trip stunk! I am glad you posted pics of the LOCKED GATE i dont knoe why the gate has to be locked folks can decide if its to risky to launch but those who have tin boats or tubes have their work cut out for them.
[signature]
+1
[signature]