Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing in Coeur d'Alene
Hello to All,

I'm in Coeur d'Alene for business, and it is my first time here. Hopefully not the last! Your country is amazing! I'm here for a couple of weeks and I've brought my fishing rod. I would like to know if there is some nice fishing spots to catch fish around the city (I'm sure there is!). I'm used to fish mainly pike, perch, walleye and bass. I have the basic equipment and a pair of sandal! I don't mind to be wet up to my knees, but not higher than that[Wink]. It's gona be all "catch and release", since i'm staying at the hotel (I don't think the maid will appreciate if I clean my fish in my room!).

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Visitor

p.s.My funny english is due to the fact that I speak french.
[signature]
Welcome and feel free to sign up with a user name and all. I am going to move your post to the Idaho board. You will get more responses there.
[signature]
Welcome! We don't get too many posts on the Coeur d'Alene area, but hopefully someone will be able to help you out. If not, look up the fishing shops and spend a little time in them up there. The shops really know the area and are usually helpful.
[signature]
CDA Lake should be giving up bass right now.

You are day trips away from some of the best fishing fly fishing in the United States. The Clark Fork River is mere hours away to the East. Lake Pend Oreille to the north of CDA has big trout...I mean large...HUGE. Priest Lake further to the North is about as pretty as it gets and great fishing too. Those are just the big places....
[signature]
Thanks to all for your warm welcome.

Unfortunately, I'm not a fly fishermen. I'd like to, but I need somebody to teach me. That will be for a next time.

To spend time in the stores is an excellent idea. Thanks for the tips.

I'd like to know where to go for a men in my situation.IE.: under a particular bridge, or along a specific road, where the water is easily accessible (and where there is fishes, of course).

Visitor
[signature]
Welcome to the site Visitor, here is a link to an old post about Coeur d'Alene:
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=243931;search_string=Coeur%20d'Alene;#243931"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=243931;search_string=Coeur%20d'Alene;#243931[/url]
Also, are you interested in hiring a guide? There is contact info on that thread about guide service and a local tackle shop that can give you some help. Good luck, hope your able to wet a lined while your here in the States.
WH2
[signature]