Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Swan Falls
Went out on the boat yesterday with a buddy. I love this time of year. The smallmouths were going crazy! Caught a lot of small ones on chartreuse grubs with a chartreuse jig head. They were deep. 15+ ft down. Threw on a brown bass jig with a crawdad trailer, the bigger ones loved this thing.

Not much moss. Kinda nice. Went in the evening so the shade was on the reservoir already. Great way to spend an afternoon!
[signature]
That sounds like a lot of fun, and the high cliffs do make some nice shade. We went a few weeks ago but didn't have much time or luck before it was too dark.

I've been wondering if I can float from the CJ Strike dam down to the Swan Falls dam. The overhead map view looks like it is all pretty calm and might be fun on my pontoon, but I don't know how the fishing would be. Did you fish around the ramp, or is there deeper water upstream/downstream?
[signature]
I know someone on here has done that float at least a couple times. I wanted to do it this summer but never got around to it. You should be able to find a sturgeon there some where. That would speed up the trip to the truck. [fishon]
Ron
[signature]
it takes a long time to do that float and the wind almost always blows east so if you have a outboard on your pontoon you should be fine if not be ready the wind can blow you back up stream but yes there is some great fishing in that strech
[signature]
We took the boat up about a mile and fished some areas up around the rocks. They were hitting like a ton of bricks too.

It would be awesome to float that stretch. Especially this time of the year, with the small mouth going nuts.
[signature]