Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Lake Mead
What is out there? Is the fishing good as far as LMB and SMB? I have never been past Temple Bar myself so no idea what it looks like or what the fishing is like. I don't mind exploring every now and then but that is a pretty darn long haul and would like to know if it is worth the long run or not. I wouldn't mind a run all the way to Grand wash or so just to see what there is to see if the effort is worth it.

PM me if you don't want to post on this subject please [Smile]
[signature]
Has to be about 1150 for the fish to make it into grand wash i think. i used to ride dirt bike out there and at low water it is cut off amd dries up.
[signature]
I figured there would be a limit on how far one could go with the current water conditions. Regardless of that is there anything special out that way at least as far as one can go currently? Any special not on a Navionics chip dangers one needs to know of if I do venture as far as one can go?
[signature]
Greggs Basin has some really good bass fishing at times. I've seen a few 6 pound LMBs come out of there in club tourneys I fished.

Iamthesmf says there are good numbers of stripers up there, just not much in size.

Catfishing at the inlet should be stellar following these rains.
[signature]
I was just reading a little blog from someone that pre-fished Mead for the Open a couple weeks back.

Quote: Finally, the lower water makes the lake fish much smaller. You can’t get to Sandy Point without hiking. There is no Jawbone. Surprising new rocks just above and below the surface.

It is kind of funny when you pull up Lake Mead on maps.google.com It depicts the whole Overton arm gone with the lower water levels. But yet shows water all the way out east.
[signature]
Kingman has a Bass club that has lots of tournaments over there. There is an anual Striper-r-ramma tournament (we took 3rd last year, 2nd this year & big fish honors 7lbs 10oz).

Anyone need info on South Cove/Mead View just ask. 100 striper weekends are the norm.
[signature]
[inline "SRR-22 Big fish 7lbs 10oz.JPG"]
[signature]
How far is South Cove from Vegas? Can't seem to find it on the map. Are there shore fishing opportunities out there?
[signature]
Long'ish drive. 90 miles from Hoover Dam to South Cove by car or almost 50 miles or so from Hemenway Harbor to South Cove by boat.

[url "https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=US-93+S%2FHoover+Dam+Bypass%2FMike+O'Callaghan+%E2%80%93+Pat+Tillman+Memorial+Bridge&daddr=South+cove,+az&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=35.833402,-114.297638&spn=0.804949,1.229095&sll=35.998285,-114.733486&sspn=0.050205,0.076818&geocode=FX2CJQIdkisp-Q%3BFcCyJgIdvAMz-Snvez-QqgHMgDFuABPlTFU2lQ&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=14&t=m&z=10"]Google Maps[/url]

Here is a great App for all: (Same software/mapping most of us on the water use that have units capable of running it.)

[url "http://navionics.com/en/webapp"]http://navionics.com/en/webapp[/url]

Also here is a good reference for on the water distances:

[Image: mile%20chart%202009.gif]
[signature]
You can also get that Navionics App for your smart phone. I have it on mine. It was $1.99 back when I downloaded it (I think there was a special when I D/L it). It is back to $9.99 now. Well worth having regardless of price!
[signature]
Just remember the only gas station/general store in Mead View is closed (nasty divorce). Get gas at the Railhead gas station across from the $29 helicopter tours. Also the last stop gas station. It's about 100 miles round trip from the next stop for gas.

If you go stop by the Fisherman's Landing Bar, they have a tackle store, beer and bait to go.
[signature]