Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Mack Article
Here is a link to some great info about hooking into a BIG ONE...

[url "http://www.utahoutdoors.com/pages/lake_trout_tips.htm"]http://www.utahoutdoors.com/pages/lake_trout_tips.htm[/url]

It gave me a few pointers about using downriggers, lure position, and jigging.

It reminded me that little things make the difference...

Good Luck..
[signature]
Thanks Craig! Good article! Have you been fishing since our trip up to Bear Lake?
[signature]
Just once last weekend and we caught a few - the bear lake report looks promising and if the weatrher will hold maybe one more trip if things fall into place.

Hope your over the bad mojo cough and feeling better. I've have been lucky in that respect.

Those ice fishing posts have me a little eager to get the auger out.

How is the lucky hat doing? Got some good catching stored up?
[signature]
The hat is waiting for me to hit the water again, and use some of the luck we enjoyed last time out. The Mojo cold is gone and I've been itching to hit the waters. I've still got plenty of salsa, so that's taken care of.

Good to hear you haven't been hit by the sick-bug....yet and hopefully not at all this year.

Let me know if you planning another trip I'd be interested, but I've also got the Saturday rod building class starting this weekend, I can't get the kitchen pass for multiple projects this close to xmas.
[signature]
Thanks for the link. I enjoyed reading this article. I am always torn between jigging and trolling but have been jigging as of lately. May have to start trollin again.
hey thanks for the link.althro i dont know mr.furniss personally i do know his reputation for catching big fish.well written article lots of good tips,espically when useing downriggers.i use d/r about 90% of the time,and haveing caught a few big ones my self,my biggest being just over 35lbs.and a few being over 25lbs.this man does know what he is talking about.some one that is just starting to fish with a downrigger could learn a lot from this article.
[signature]