Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9 mile/ pallisade question....
I've just come back from PalliSade res (almost dry, but still managed an 18" tiger) and also noticed that nine mile is almost dry too. Will ice fishing be a possibility this year? I ask because I'm new to the area and this, hopefully, will be my first year ice fishing.
[signature]
Good question. How much fun is it fishing in a bucket[Wink]
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Good question. How much fun is it fishing in a bucket[Wink][/quote]

As long as its as easy as shooting fish in a bucket I don't mind too much!
[signature]
Ice fishing will be fine at PaliSades. Ive seen the lake get down to 3% before and it has always be amazing ice fishing on a low water year. A few years back it was 8% when I went ice fishing and that was the best year I have ever had on PaliSades. Got into some pretty big lakers for PaliSades standards.
[signature]
There will be places to ice fish, it just depends upon how far you may want to drive in the long run.
[signature]
You're talking about a different PaliSades. The real one, by Alpine Wyoming, is the one I'm sure you're speaking of. The one the OP is talking about is a little Pee Puddle by Sterling, Utah.
[signature]
Lol gotcha
[signature]
I'm heading down to PaliSades this weekend (the pee puddle one[Image: happy.gif]). What seemed to be working the best? Also, I'm debating taking my tube. Were you fishing from shore?
[signature]
[quote FishMcFisherson]I'm heading down to PaliSades this weekend (the pee puddle one[.img][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/images/gforum/happy.gif[/img])."]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/...um/happy.gif[/img]).[/url] What seemed to be working the best? Also, I'm debating taking my tube. Were you fishing from shore?[/quote]

We caught our lone fish on the green powerbait with a worm that was injected with air. Damn section by the huge concrete outlet that's about 6 feet from shore on the side by the wooden fence. There was a large family on the back side (without the road) that had been there all day and got skunked in the main pond area. Sorry 'bout the grammar/sentence structure but the burbon's taken hold Smile
[signature]
I've had my doubts about those lakes' ability to hold fish in such low water conditions, but they somehow manage. That water has to get pretty warm.

A coworker that lives in Sterling reports that his boy caught a 4lbs fish from 9 recently.
[signature]
Both lakes are quite empty at this point. I just completed my dedicated hunter project at 9 mile & I estimate it's only about 25% full.....give or take a percent or 2. I had some GREAT days fishing both of these lakes when they've been this empty. Just hike on out the the middle, or for some reasone the west side of both lakes seems to produce the most fish through the ice (& NOT through the ice).

If you're planning on fishing either now, i'd recommend bringing some nose plugs. P....U. Low water = stink city!!
[signature]
I drove past 9 mile today and there is no lake. There is just a small stream running from the inlet to the dam.
[signature]
[quote nkunz]I drove past 9 mile today and there is no lake. There is just a small stream running from the inlet to the dam.[/quote]

Ouch![Sad]
[signature]
Double OUCH!

The lake is empty.......hoping some of those fatty fish made their way upstream by some miracle. I was hoping they'd shut off the irrigation supply before it completely dried up. But hey, on the bright side, next spring, I'll have PLENTY of alfalfa to eat while i'm NOT fishing at Nine Mile. (sigh)
[signature]