Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
brookies are on!
So there I was.. I could not for the life of me make my mind up as of where to go fishing. After some planning I ended up making a trip to thousand lake mtn. Its close, and most of the lakes has potential for large fish. Our first stop we no longer launched our kick boats and were forced off the pond by large rain drops and some electrical activity.

We had a plan B all set up for a short hike to a small pond that I have not fished for years. It ended up a good producer for 8 to 10 inch cuts. Although I was unable to locate the bigger fish that I had remembered living there.

The next morning we tried to get an early start but could not manage to get up and going. After a short hike we arrived to see the top of a lake covered in ripples caused by rising fish. Without wasting anymore time, I had the fins on and the pole in my hand. We fished and caught and fished and still nothing like I had invisioned in my head. Just before we left I was able to find a nice honey hole for some nice brooks.

What a fun trip! Cant wait till next week try it all again.
[signature]
Nice Brook, 1k mountain is on my list to explore.
[signature]
Beautiful brook! Is Thousand Lake Mountain all hike in lakes or can you drive to some?
[signature]
There is a mix of both a few hike in and a few you can drive to.
[signature]
Nice male brook. Looks like they're starting to get a bit of color.
I know those rocks well. They've claimed lots of my jigs!
[signature]
nice brookie man, pretty one. Im hopin to get into a few like that myself this weekend.
you get it on a fly or spincaster?[fishin]
[signature]
I have an ultra light spin cast it works well with 4 or 6 lb test. When you get a nice fish it feels like a whale!
[signature]
ahh yeah, sounds fun
[signature]