Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard drive by with pics
Went up to the North marina this morning, wanted to check the launch conditions after all the reports of dinged props. Looked ok to me but it is getting low as you can see from the pics. I wanted to go to the South marina but it was closed because they were using it for a staging area for a recovery of a guy that went missing yesterday afternoon. I guess he went out on a jet ski without a life jacket[crazy]. I did fish from shore for a few minutes and caught a bunch of very small cats and green sunfish.
[signature]
Lowest I have seen it in my short few years I have been fishing it. From what they said on the news is they found the guy 300 ish yards from the south marina on the bottom in 10ft of water. Verry bad deal IMO. My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. I think we all take PFDs for granted most of the time but they are required for a reason. Its a shame something like this has to happen to remind us all that they are not just there because the law says we have to have them.
[signature]
I remember several years ago stopping by the north marina on the way back from a sturgeon trip. I knew the water was too low to launch, but I had the boat in tow from our trip to Idaho.

The gal at the pay station said, "You aren't planning on launching are you?" and I explained to her that I knew that I couldn't launch but just wanted to look around for a few minutes.

The water was much lower then than in your pictures. There were a few puddles in the marina but that was it.
[signature]
[#0000FF]You are right. After they drained the lake for the dike repairs the water got somewhat lower than it is now. See attached pics.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
It was much lower than in your pictures when I checked it out that day. There was no water near the boat ramp.
[signature]
Yea, I remember when it was that low too. It was before they dredged the launch and the channel going out of the North marina. It was right after I bought my first larger boat and it had a tilt trailer. The water was so low we actually used the channel as a road and launched into the main bay using the tilt on my trailer to launch the boat. Do you remember what year that was Kent?
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]

Yea, I remember when it was that low too. It was before they dredged the launch and the channel going out of the North marina. It was right after I bought my first larger boat and it had a tilt trailer. The water was so low we actually used the channel as a road and launched into the main bay using the tilt on my trailer to launch the boat. Do you remember what year that was Kent?

[/quote]

Sorry, but I don't remember.
[signature]
Talk about history repeating, it was ten years ago we had low water conditions like we are today, maybe worse, here is a link to one of the threads:
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=59977;search_string=willard;#59977"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=59977;search_string=willard;#59977[/url]
I'm looking to see if I can find the thread where the marina was dry.
[signature]
Wow- you ain't kidding when you say "very small cats".

Tough times for water all around. Rough summer, gonna be a tough winter. Hope for a big snow year!!!
I not only hoping for a great snow year this year but I wouldn't mind. A wet fall either. Moisture is moisture.
[signature]