Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost creek drive by with pics
Considering how low the water level is at LC, I was surprised the boat launch was still usable. I even saw a 21 ft boat on the lake. One of the guys said it was pretty muddy at the end of the ramp but the concrete goes into the water. I tried fishing for a few minutes but no luck. here are the pics. Also, for you fly fisherfolks, they have made two walk in access points to the river about a mile below the dam, the pics tell about how it works.
WH2
[signature]
Is it just artificial only at the 2 new entrances about a mile from the dam? As far as I remember, you could fish the dam and below with bait until private property( there obviously wasn't the 2 new entrances farther away from the dam that you mentioned).
[signature]
Thanks for taking the time to drive by and take photos, I was wondering what LC looked like now and this sure helped. I did you see or hear of anyone catching anything while you were there?
Thanks for all the pics of all 3 places, East, Lost and Willard.

They are really helpful.
[signature]
[quote FishingLunatic]Is it just artificial only at the 2 new entrances about a mile from the dam? As far as I remember, you could fish the dam and below with bait until private property( there obviously wasn't the 2 new entrances farther away from the dam that you mentioned).[/quote]

I don't have any info on the new walk in access points, I suggest you call that number in the pic. You are correct as far as the access right below the dam, this new access is on private land and you must call that number and give them your contact info before you can go across that ladder.
[signature]
[quote talyn]Thanks for taking the time to drive by and take photos, I was wondering what LC looked like now and this sure helped. I did you see or hear of anyone catching anything while you were there?[/quote]

I only talked to one guy that was just getting off the lake with his boat, he said he and his son caught 17, including two chubs.
[signature]
Not a problem, they are places I want to fish this week anyway, so I decided not to wait for others to post a report and I figured others were wondering what the launch and fishing conditions were as well.
[signature]
Goodness, some of these lakes are getting low. Though it would be fun to camp on one of those "temporary" islands there at Lost Creek.[Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
You can't camp at Lost creek but years ago when you could, a lot of people did camp on that peninsula.
[signature]