Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cascade Reservoir
My son just purchased a cabin on Cascade Reservoir and I will be spending some time there fishing for the Kokanee, Coho and Perch. Have been searching for info on the salmon, but can't find much written about it. Have fished at Flaming Gorge for Kokes, and wondering if same techniques work at Cascade.

Can anyone give me some tips on Coho and Kokanee fishing on Cascade and is this natural reproduction or stocked? Avg size of the salmon? Looking forward to spending some time on this lake.

Also, where would be the best boat ramp for a larger fishing boat?

Many thanks for your info...
[signature]
A cabin on Cascade? Cool. You wouldn't consider an old fisherman for adoption would you?[Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
I have to agree ... a cabin on Cascade is COOL! Better yet, since it is my son's place ... I get the fun and he gets the work. Must be payback time for all our sweat and tears.

Am really looking forward to spending lots of time there with son and family. Have taught him all I know about fishing and now I can turn my attention to grandchildren. Retirement is great ...

Any thoughts on catching Coho, Kokes or perch in the reservoir??
[signature]
Here is a current report from a local fishing report site:

Cascade Reservoir
Trollers are still picking up a few rainbows, coho and an occasional kokanee at about 25-35 feet. Try trolling with small pop gear, spinners and flatfish for trout, dodgers and squids with corn for Kokanee. Bass anglers are catching some nice sized fish on topwater plugs and various jerkbaits, but plastics like Senko's and tubebaits work best during the day. Perch fishing is still a little slow.
[signature]
Just got back from 5 weeks at our place in Cascade. Bass fishing was slow but managed to catch a few nice 17". Water was dropping pretty fast and most ramps are either out or almost out.

I didn't fish for trout but most trollers I talked to were picking up a few nice ones. Perch fishing was also slow.

As for launching a boat, you shouldn't have any problem on any of the ramps when the water is up in the spring but right now it's not looking too good. Pray for a really wet winter.

Here is a site for water levels. [url "http://www.usbr.gov/pn/hydromet/ramps/cascade/cascade.html"]http://www.usbr.gov/pn/hydromet/ramps/cascade/cascade.html[/url]
[signature]
Don't know about the cokes and coho, but I was there over the weekend and caught a bunch of nice fat trout fast. I have to get the pics from a friend who took em. I was trolling around crown point. The biggest was 21". I think we ended with 11 because we weren't sure if we were at 12 and didn't want to pass our limit
[signature]