Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disturbing article in the Tribune!!
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politics/56...s.html.csp
[signature]
The whole confidentiality part of the negotiations with SITLA is fishy. Goes against all their leases and land sales needing to be transparent and open. My guess is a bribe was involved. The Governor has come out against it. Just maybe they'll be forced to do it openly and others might be able to protect some of those lands for sporting interest. We'll see.
[signature]
If anyone can expain how every single drop of oil and gas on this planet will not be used, please do so.
[signature]
Let em drill, we live in an oil based society. Look at all that has been done upstream (Wyoming). The other option is to bomb Syria and everyone get on unemployment. Awful hard to hunt or fish when you rely on the guberment for a "check". Hell ya need oil to make guns, might as well be ours. Natural gas makes clean power.
[signature]
There is nothing that has been hidden here. These 'negotiations' have been coming to a close for just about a year now. This has less to do with the public and more to do with politics. Two separate things...unfortunately.
If you think that's crazy do a Google search on the Blue Castle Project and let me know what you think about that.
[signature]
I have first hand experience with SITLA having bid on land at several land auctions. When Big Energy had an interest they tried to sneak through a sale without any of the usual attention. Their attorney who I had talked to previously several times began to act in the interest of Big Energy and not the state as he is required to do by law and his job description. I taped him as me and a friend involved both thought he'd had been bribed. We won the bid. Should have seen their attorneys's look when I showed up in their office in person 5 minutes prior to the seal bid deadline. Ultimately I didn't have to call his bluff with my taped conversations as he knew his job would be at stake if he tried to follow through on his threatened actions.
The negotiations are supposed to be transparent so others with interest can counter offer and SITLA gets the best return. Believe me they do this differently when multimillion and billion dollar corporations have an interest. Still have the tapes to prove it.
I won't get started on the Nuclear project as I have not stayed 100% up to date on the issues even if it concerns me some.
The good news is that the attention that the sportsmen of this state and the Governor speaking out has delayed the decision on the Bogart Canyon section of the deal until 2016. This will give other interests time to come to the plate. That is what was missing from this with the details of the negotiation not available to all with an interest. Shouldn't expect anything more or less than that with SITLA.
[signature]
Let us hear the tapes. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love to hear them.

So I guess Black Mail trumps Bribery?

Either way every single drop of oil and gas will be drilled up,, no matter where it is at.

Sooner than most think.
[signature]
I didn't blackmail anyone. I asked an attorney's advise at the time. She told me it was legal to tape my conversations over the phone or in person without their knowledge in Utah. As long as you're taping a conversation you're involved with she told me it was legal. No reason for me to ever let him know he was taped. My friend and I purchased the land despite him trying to discourage us. Plus he never followed through on his threatened actions after the sale. He has just hoping we were naive and would be scared off easily.
We did flip part of the land for a profit. But Berkshire Hathaway's MidAmerican Energy didn't go broke over the deal.
[signature]
So if I understand this right, you have a tape of a lawyer working for a government agency "advising" you to stay out of the bidding or else.

I would encourage you to turn it over to the states attorney general. Just like you would turn in a poacher. Right?
[signature]