Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ririe
We had a good Sunday fishing Ririe. First time out in 5 years due to hand surgeries and recovery from horse wrecks. Caught 10 Cutts that went from 15 to 19 inches. Tried to see if the Kokanee were spawning yet but it looks it will be a couple more weeks.

The day started out with one of the downriggers cable twisted up so it stayed in the truck. Got the cable back on the spool need to find a connector to get it up and running.

The wife is a dedicated Rapala fisher woman. However after my 3rd fish she was ready for Pop Gear. I put on a neon yellow 3 blade pop gear and she was back in the game with in 3 minutes.

The boat ran good till the end. It appears the carburetor isn't opening the 4 barrel. Will take it to the dealer to check it out.

Got back to the Yukon and went to take the boat out and found the electric winch wouldn't work. Glad I had a deep socket and wrench.

Well I checked out the Yukon today and found the Dealer didn't hookup the Battery wire when he did the electric brakes. They will get it fixed this week.

Also the crowds weren't bad. The Boats that were out to ski or party on the floating docks were all overloaded with people. Was hoping the Sheriff was up and on the water but no luck. At the ramp they thru out their uncooked chicken, hot dogs and hamburger. There wasn't any body at the ramp to let them know about the slobs. Did I mention they were from Utah.
[signature]
[quote VNCowboy]
Also the crowds weren't bad. The Boats that were out to ski or party on the floating docks were all overloaded with people. Was hoping the Sheriff was up and on the water but no luck. At the ramp they thru out their uncooked chicken, hot dogs and hamburger. There wasn't any body at the ramp to let them know about the slobs. Did I mention they were from Utah.[/quote]
Probably born and raised in Idaho too.
[signature]
[quote VNCowboy]
Also the crowds weren't bad. The Boats that were out to ski or party on the floating docks were all overloaded with people. Was hoping the Sheriff was up and on the water but no luck. At the ramp they thru out their uncooked chicken, hot dogs and hamburger. There wasn't any body at the ramp to let them know about the slobs. Did I mention they were from Utah.[/quote]

Huh? the crowds weren't bad, but docks and ski boats overloaded? Which was it?

Raw meat? what's wrong with feeding the Crayfish? That is how Utahans catch them, and I know Idahoans do the same.
[signature]
The crowd was below normal for Labor Day weekend. In the past both the lower and upper Blacktail parking lots were full. Sunday the lower wasn't full.

The raw meat if it was pitched in the water would have fed the crawfish. However the Utrads thru it along the side of the parking lot where you pull your boat out. Our dog which was on a leash wanted to eat the food thrown out. I can't figure out what they were thinking or not thinking.

It is to bad they have to visit our state and trash it. I bet they would want that where they are from.
[signature]
You realize, I was born and raised in Idaho, but I have Utah plates on my car as many others I am sure.
I just don't understand the rudeness on either side of this equation.
[signature]
Glad that you got some fishing in, and took the time to give us a report.

Too bad that some people are slobs, no matter where they are from. You really can't generalize about people from one state or another. There are good and bad everywhere.

Unfortunately the bad do stand out, so people look for some kind of label to stick on them. Whether it is ethnicity, age, color, or the license plate on their car.

Labeling all with the actions of a few doesn't make it a truth about all or even most of those people. Let's all just be good responsible stewards of the resources that we have. No matter what state those resources are in.

I fish mostly in Idaho, Washington, Utah, Montana, Colorado, and Wyoming. I pick up trash in all of those states. Because I am from Idaho, does that mean that all people in Idaho pick up trash? Not on your life! The same is true of the slobs. There are going to be some from every state, in every race, and of every age. Sad but true.
[signature]
Good report on the cuts, glad you got into them. Kokanee fishing has been excellent, went twice last week. All were caught at 40-50 down. This year's spawners have actually not only begun but they're almost done. We caught three that were in full color (2 females and one male) that are spawned out. Also saw close to a dozen floaters that were dead/spawned out.
[signature]
Not gonna reply to bag on anyone in particular... but it does piss me off when people out joyriding feel the need to get as close to you when your fishing as they can!!!

Took the kids out on Saturday and on Monday.. Saturday was sunny and hot with lots of boats and we got 8 kokes, a perch, a sucker and about 10 bows. Monday was cool and rainy with only a sucker and a half dozen bows to show for our efforts... Boat traffic was down though!

Fished the same areas and used the same rigging both days. I guess a change of 20+ degrees in high temps between the two days is what shut em down... or the rain... or both! At least that is what I am telling myself.[Wink]

BTW... lots of red kokes seen splashing throughout the lake. Also saw more than a few small ones (this years stockers) floating belly up.
[signature]
We saw a few jumping in the Meadow Creek Arm Sunday. We are going to go back up Sunday and see what is happening.

We have found that throwing lures with red or orange on them in the arm is the best way to catch the kokanees. We have good luck with doing this and later into Sept and early Oct. We are going to anchor up and try that Sun.

Got the boat running. New spark plugs as one was fouled. Also the timing was off 2 degrees. The river tested and it is running 200 rpm better than it has. The like the C-D impeller I put on a few years ago. They like the snap it has and coming up to plane. I bet there will be some other jet boats with the 4.3 liter will be getting this impeller.

[Wink][cool]
[signature]
Monday I couldn't get the Kokes to go. I figured it was a change in weather or something.

Windriver
[signature]
Well we went up to Ririe on Sunday. The fishing was slower than last week but we still managed some real nice trout and perch.

I had fished for 50 years and never caught a perch trolling till 5 years ago. I caught a pile of the yesterday fishing the Willow creek arm. I was tired of the little sticky ones.

We saw 4 or 5 dead Kokes. Also I caught a 5 lb sucker yesterday.

Well we a few baubles with the boat. The electric trolling motor wouldn't work. I checked it tonite it and it works. Had problems with the electric boat winch it wouldn't release unless I used a wrench on it. I fixed that problem to tonite.

The final in the trip was a downpour rain just as we were finishing up the boat to go home. Then when I stopped to feed the horses and mules and I got dumped on again.

Bottom line we had a great day and good time.

[cool][fishon]
[signature]