Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake 12/03/03 (report)
Got on the water at 6:30 in the morning and headed straight for thr rockpile. We fished in 60 feet of water staright north of the rockpile. We boated 11 fish and missed quite a few others. Some small cutts and macs, a couple of four pound cutts and one 10 lb and one 11 lb mac. (see pics) Great day on the water. Weather was almost perfect all day. Ran into BearLakeFishGuy and Reese Stien on the rockpile. Couldn't hook up while they were there so we could get on TV. White tubes with cisco seemed to be the color they wanted. I couldn't beleive how soft the taps on the line were with the two bigger fish. They were tapping it just like cutts do. I guess that goes to show, you never know what your gonna catch until you pull it in.
[signature]
Great report -- hope they are still there on Saturday.
[signature]
Hey Crestliner--Thanks again for cisco yesterday! I left my cisco in the truck and after fishing the front of the marina for whitefish with Reece he didn't want to let me run back to the truck to get them. Once we made it over to the rockpile, he lost one nice fish right next to the boat and then missed another. I had one break off my stinger hook and then I missed another bite. So for the book, we had a big zero landed on the pile, but we did have four bites...not bad for only about 45 minutes of fishing. You had some nice pics from yesterday. Reece mainly came up to do a story about whitefish fishing and he did manage to catch some fish. The only problem is I was running his camera, which I knew nothing about, so we'll just have to see what comes out on his program. He said he was going to try air some footage on Saturday evening, but his director will dictate exactly when. If not Saturday then one day during next week. By the way I talked to several boats who fished the marina and along Cisco Beach for whitefish yesterday. Both spots were good, but Cisco Beach was better. One of my other friends trolled yesterday and the day before and caught a total of 7 cutts in two full days. One of these days I'll convince them that jigging is the way to go, but these guys are die-hard trollers.
[signature]
Were you also fishing in about 60 feet of water at the rockpile. BTW -- do you have to take time off to go fishing at Bear Lake, or is it just part of your job?
[signature]
Great report Crestliner, it sounds like the catching at the Bear is in full swing now that the spawn is over. Wiperslayer is up there today so we'll see if today is another good day for catching those big Bear lake Macks and cutts. WH2
[signature]
Nice report and nice pics. Sounds like a very good day fishing the pile.
[signature]