Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doves!
Anyone else get out this week?

We made it down to the delta area and found a few ECDs and pigeons, but not a single morning dove! This year was totally opposite from last year, very few birds.

We probably bagged 20 or so between five guys though, great to get out and pull the trigger again!
[signature]
My brother and I went for a couple of hours the first day. We were hunting near the border with Idaho. We both shot limits of mourning doves. The action wasn't real fast but steady. we hunting in a field that had scattered sunflowers. We shot most of the birds jump shooting. gshorthair
[signature]
Hunted just NE of you. Shot just over a box of shells and bagged four. Should have had a limit but just couldn't get the bead on them!
[signature]
Hunted my family's wheat field in Benson, and it was a riot exceptin' for that torrential downpour that went on all morning long. I went through three sets of clothes. We shot limits on Monday, and I went out after work last night and bagged another 9. Dove hunting sure is a great way to kick off hunting season.
[signature]
Hunted Idaho sunday and shot a limit over cut wheat fields and N. Utah monday shot 8 in the evening over cut/plowed wheat fields again. Had a blast and the dogs kicked but too!! Birds seem to be grouped up big time!!
[signature]