Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Bass Bait in the State!
I discovered the Shaky head rig this year. The thing is money! I've found it works all season. If you are fishing for Bass in Utah. I use this in every lake or pond and catch fish.

Curious to know what other baits everyone goes to for catching bass in Utah.
[signature]
I like shaky heads when the bite it tough. When bass are shallow though, I can't live without lipless cranks. They're such a great fish catcher, and a fantastic search tool. Definitely one of my all time favorite bass lures.
[signature]
Your a few post short of being able to post links, see the FAQ above for the rules of the site.
By the way. have you seen our bass fishing contest? We have 4 of them running on two different boards.
WH2
[signature]
I'll hit 'em with the lipped cranks too.

Though I concur, I think last year was really my first bouncing shakey heads and football rigs, found the 'chigger craw' in a green/watermelon, or craw pattern - really had 'em slamming it. Bounced along the bottom - pause, jump jump jump - pause. Usually the pause - I'd see the line move, and boom-weight!

Crossing bass and crappie action - curly tailed grubs on a simple jig head - Crappie really dug it, maybe tipped with a smidge of crawler, but had plenty of bass in the same location take a stab at it.
Hard to beat them Dry Creek Baits. Little hardware store in Idaho, check em out drycreekoutfitters.com. Cashed lots of checks this year with a Flickr shad by Berkeley, believe it or not.
[signature]
Thanks for linking to my post. I'm sorry about hitting 15 yet. This is a really awesome forum. Thanks for moderating it to keep it clean.

I looked at the one contest about getting a picture of a bass, but unfamiliar with the others. I'll look into it. Which boards are they running on?
[signature]
Went to check out your blog, and it looks like it's been a year since your last post? Those bass you have on there are awesome.

Whats your favorite lipless crank to use? I've never really thrown them much.
[signature]
Thanks! I've been a bit of a slacker on my blog. I've just been really busy and haven't had time to update. I have made it out to fish though. Here are some of the better bass I've caught lately. All were caught on cranks btw.
[inline "big bass 2 small.jpg"]
[inline "biggest bass small.jpg"]
[inline "fat bass 2 small.jpg"]
[inline "big bass small.jpg"]
[inline "big bass 3 small.jpg"]
[inline "big bass 5 small.jpg"]
[inline "big smallie small.jpg"]
Lately I've been using Megabass Vibration X lipless cranks. They're pricey, but they've been good. Lucky Craft LV100s and LVR Minis and LVR D7s are great too. Jackall makes some good lipless cranks too (smallies love them). If you aren't ready to make the investment, Rapala Rippin Raps and Spro Aruku Shad are both really good baits for the money.
[signature]
There are three separate contest at this link, the top three stickies.
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=162"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=162[/url]
[signature]
Those are some beauties!
[signature]
Thanks! Here are two more, though the one in the dark wasn't on a crank. I caught that one on topwater on a popper.

[inline "night bass small.jpg"]
[inline "big bass small.2.jpg"]
[signature]
Nothing more exciting than a top-water bite! Are you fishing out of a yak? I'm looking at picking one up. Any suggestions?
[signature]
I actually fish out of a float tube. I have it set up with a fish finder and six rod holders. It's a good fit for the small waters I fish around here.
[signature]