Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's Lake
There was an article in today's paper. They are very concerned about the water level ,and the possible winter kill . A hard winter could be very hard on the fish .
[signature]
Sad to hear about that. What paper published that article?

I like to fish Henry's in September....is it possible to launch at all boat docks at this time?
[signature]
It was in the post register Thursday . I think Wild Rose is the last place you can launch .
[signature]
Well its one way to drop the number of fish in there I guess. On a side note if its that low and you know where the deep spots are during the ice fishing season there should be some hot fishing for you.
[signature]
And possibly freeze kill. Shallow Lake to begin with.
[signature]
I was told they were closing the State Park operations on October 11 and the docks would come out a few days before then. You will still be allowed to fish at the State Park after that date.

Bill
[signature]
They have dropped the lake 2 percent since you posted the Short Ramp sign , saying launch at your own risk.
[signature]
Fished at wild rose sat. Very low and mossy. only seen 3 boats on the water and all were from the wild rose dock. all 3 were small boats.
Henry's could be in trouble if we have a bad winter.
[signature]
I fished from.the bank for 2 hours , not one bite . Saw two small boats on the lake .
[signature]
I dragged the boat up to Henry's on Saturday also. We tried trolling in the deeper sections of the middle of the lake.... Last September we caught around 40 trout trolling spoons !!... But this time the weeds are so close to the surface due to the low water levels, trolling is almost impossible. We did catch one small cutthroat. I then threw some gulp minnows by the state park and caught one more 20" cutty. Two and half hours of driving to get there, 3 hours of fishing, two and half back !! I was with the wife, it was very windy, she was cold and bored, I know when not to push it !!
[signature]
We normally take 5 to 7 day trip this time of year to Henry's. Back in 2007, the Algae bloom was so bad you couldn't move!
This year we had a feeling it was going to be less than desirable conditions. Specially after talking to Bill Schiess at the tying expo.
So, we made our end of summer trip local and hit Soldier Creek/Strawberry. We were not disappointed at all. 5 of the best fishing days ever!
If Idaho doesn't want to jump on the 365 day license, they have lost our revenue.
Utah has it's own Trophy waters.
[signature]
Where did you launch .
[signature]
I launched at Wild Rose, and it was pretty sketchy putting an 18 foot Crestliner in there. It was last boat trip of the year, I have weddings the next 2 weekends and then it's off to Blackfoot for winter storage.
[signature]
Do you store it at the fair grounds . How much do they charge to launch at Wild Rose.? Thanks for the information .
[signature]
Do you store it at the fair grounds . How much do they charge to launch at Wild Rose.? Thanks for the information .
[signature]
I do store it at the fairgrounds. They charge $10 at wild rose. I was going to fish at Island Park on Saturday after Henry's, but I did not know if there were any launches open. This water situation sucks ... Low water or no water in most of the lakes in the area. Even Jackson Lake in GTNP is at 18%
[signature]
You can launch at the Dam on IP . I live in Blackfoot. The fair grounds always fills up before I am done using my boat .
[signature]
Talked to the sheriff yesterday . Good new he said we can launch big boats at State boat ramp and they are not going to drop the lake anymore .Also said the fishing has realy pick ing up .
[signature]
[quote jacksonlaker]I do store it at the fairgrounds. They charge $10 at wild rose. I was going to fish at Island Park on Saturday after Henry's, but I did not know if there were any launches open. This water situation sucks ... Low water or no water in most of the lakes in the area. Even Jackson Lake in GTNP is at 18%[/quote]Jackson Lake is at 23% as of today according to the Hydomet webpage.
[signature]
The lake has went uo 1 percent . This should make launching better .
[signature]