Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New world record Largemouth Bass
Did anyone here about this?[size 2]

[size 1]The International Angler, the newsletter of the International Game Fish Association, reports that a 22 1/2-pound largemouth bass was caught and released from tiny Spring Lake near Santa Rosa in late August.[/size]

[size 1]Did anyone hear about this? A world record class bass was caught and it wasn't on front pages of every bass publication in the nation? Amazing.[/size]

[size 1]The IGFA says the fish was weighed on a hand scale and photographed before being released. This would, could be a new world record for Leah Trew of Santa Rosa, toppling George Perry's 1932 record catch of 22-pounds, four-ounces. But there is something deja vu in all this. Spring Lake is the same water where another Santa Rosa resident, Paul Duclos, caught a 24-poundish largemouth and released it after weighing it on a bathroom scale. His record application was denied. The same fish was reportedly caught by a fly-fisherman, photographed, and released before Duclos caught it.. [/size]

[size 1]Will someone at Spring Lake please keep that monster bass, conk it on the head, and weigh it on a certified scale. We can then scratch George Perry's name off the top of that list once and for all and have a world record fish fry.[/size]

[size 1]Where is Spring Lake anyways? I'm there![/size][/size]

P.S. That is why every bass fisherman should read this article:
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/Articles/outsidethebox_8.htm"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/Articles/outsidethebox_8.htm[/url]
That fish was worth MILLIONS!!!!!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
[size 2]What I liked about that story is it was weighed, taken a picture of and released. Not stuffed and put on someones wall.[/size]

[size 2] They say and picture is worth a thousand words. Less smelly too[blush][/size]
[signature]
Hello Releaseit,

I wish I could say the same, but I would take the pay day in a New York minute and no 2 ways about it, that BAD BOY would be hanging on my wall. God Bless the guy who let it go, but not me, I woudn't loose a minutes sleep over it.
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
[size 2]Shame, for shame on you[sly] I am not big on hanging fish or deer or anything else on my walls. I love catching things and releasing them for future people to enjoy.[/size]

[size 2]Imagine catching the state record at 22lbs or whatever and releasing it. Then the next guy catches it a year later and it's 25lbs and so on and so on.[/size]

[size 2]I want to see it when it's 60lbs!![shocked][laugh][/size]
[signature]
Hello Releaseit,

I hear you and do practice catch and release on most occasions, but can't understand the philosphy of giving up millions of dollars to save 1 fish?
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
[size 2] If someone gave me a million I would give fish to them, but go to church afterwards[angelic][/size]
[signature]
I would love to have seen that one. There has been plenty of photos on the guy that weighed his fish on the scale. I'll guarantee you this brother..........If it was me, that fish would have never seen water again.
I am into catch and release but when there's millions on the line, that rascal would be hanging on my wall!
Bass Wishes,
Bizpromo
www.fishforfree.com
[signature]
[cool]Hey guys, I agree with the catch and release portion of fishing. But when it comes down to a world record, I would definitely vote for the wall mount myself. I am currently after a fish that would create a hard to beat record. As soon as that bad boy is caught I can guarantee he will never see water again.

I am constantly realeasing 14, 16 and even 18lb LMB. They are too big and old to eat and they are too small for the wall. On occasion I will keep something from the 3-5lb range for food only and only to be eaten the same day. I hate frozen fish. (Sorry Mrs. Pauls and Gordons) Other than that I am willing to keep the one trophy bass that makes me the millions to retire and look for more.[cool]
[signature]
I'm with you angler. There's no way that fish would go back into the lake when it's worth so much. I keep an occasional fish, but rarely because my wife hates fish and I'm not crazy about it -- I just like to eat it once in awhile. Anyway, I'd take the money and run. Nothing unethical about it.

[cool]
[signature]
i'm all for catch and release but lets be honest let that sucker go or put millions in my pocket mines the last lure that sucker would ever eat !!!!
[signature]

Hey there theangler,

I'm not much of a freshwater basser. I'd be embarrased to catch a world record fish but not so much as to not take the cool millions. If a pro caught the fish, can you imagine how much more he would make on it than joe blow!

I like my own bass, Sand Bass 11.1 lbs, Calico 14.5 lbs, and Bay Bass 5.8 lbs (dfg records). They, White Sea Bass, and Stripers live in the Big Salty though!

JapanRon
[signature]
I DON'T KNOW MIKE , I THINK I COULD PASS ON THE MILLION DOLLERS TOO (FISHERMANS LIE ).
I'VE COUGHT SEVERAL WORLD RECORD FISH MYSELF AND LET THEM GO .
( LIE, LIE , LIE !)

THIS REMINDS ME OF THE TIME I HIT THE LOTTERY FOR $347 MILLION , I SAW THE AMOUNT OF TAXES I WOULD HAVE TO PAY ON IT AND TORE UP THE WINNING TICKET , HONEST ! ASK J-LO , SHE'S MY OLD GIRLFRIEND , SHE'LL TELL YOU !
(OH , NOW THATS A WHOPPER OF A LIE !)

THERE ARE SOME THINGS IN LIFE MONEY CAN'T BUY , BUT WITH A MILLION BUCKS YOU CAN RENT THEM , LOL !
HERE FISHEY , FISHEY , I JUST WANNA TAKE YOUR PICTURE ! (BIG TIME LIE !!!!!!!)
[signature]
Lone Hunter, LMAO!!!!!! You had me rolling!

Here Fishy, Fishy, Fishy [laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
[cool][size 1]Hey lonehunter,[/size]

[size 1]If you had a million bucks that wouldn't help you catch one fish. However, you could buy the lake and drain it. Now you could pick up all the fish you want. Prize winners included.[Tongue][/size]
[signature]
hey AL who said any thing about a million dollars, I thought the prize is 8 million fish backs.

I know for a fact that they did not have the winning fish. some one might throw back a cool mil, but even old howard hews would sneaze at 8 mil.

I am with you Mike. I could use a payday, so I could come out of retirement.

and even if that fish was short a pound or two, I would have no problem eating it. since that dont keep the fish any more to make the mount. I would truly have my cake and be able to eat it too....AND HOW SWEET IT IS....... I would have to fly in all my good fishing buddies to help me eat it on my house boat in tenn,
[signature]
Thoi s it the first I have herd of the record being broken or even claimed to be borken.

for those guys who think bass just keep getting bigger every year, I am sorry that is just not the case. those bass ar short lived. and thier size depends drasticly on how much the fish has to fight and sime to get to the fish. hence the more he moves the smaller he stays.

most every bass has the capibility or reaching the maximum size provided they have the right conditions from day one all the way up to the time it is caught.

we at one time had beaver the size of shetlen ponies, they lived back when there were no petrified forest. in the same area. now the trees are smaller and so are the beaver. hence so must be the bass. Ya know what makes me wonder is how come we dont have any bass fossils, whe have cat fish, stergeon, carp, salmon, but no bass. any one ever hear of any one having one?
[signature]
you are aboslutly corect. you must be a member to get the 8 mill pay of from the club. we promoted the clulb earlier this year and many of us paid our dues to join the club.

even if you were not a member of the clube you certainly could start off a fishing correer with a world record bass in your pocket. every body wants to touch the lucky guy who cought the wrold record in hopes that some of the luck might rub off on them....

there are vidios to be made, magaziens to sell articals to, sports shows to be paid to attend. product to sell. toures to guide. man what a living....[Smile]

ya see for most people this life style is just an unatainable dream and are bound to their 24/7 jobs. and with out something to give them a booster shot other than spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy equipment to enter in to every bass tournament across the country in hopes you can win 3-4 a year to get your name known, ya have a slim chance of making it in the industry.

so yes this would be the ultra mega prize for most any day dreamer strapped to a job where they spend most of thier time wishing they were fishing.

so yep the next world record bass will be worth by fare more than a million dollars to the right person, even if they are not a member of that club.

by the way did you join?

and before I forget, Matt welcome to bigfishtackl, I hope you will join us here in our membership. (it is free) you do make a good point that if some one wants to get paid they should at least pay their dues. doing so after the fish is cought is a bit late and unethical.
[signature]
it wasnt here either darn i was tring to catch that fish but he got in my way lol nice fish it sounds like .
[signature]
This is all just crazy...all these controversies...oh well...even the Fish and Game Dept is "asking" "us" to keep the fish(world record)...

If I remember correctly...I remember reading something like if you caught the fish and no one is around...or theres no certified scale around...the specimen is to be kept in a state where when the fisheries biologist examines it it has to be in a good conditions...now I take that as being frozen...a FROZEN 22lb bass...cause if you keep it alive...YOU'd be FINED for transporting live fish...

I remember a guy somewhere...he caught a lake record or state record...and he drove the bass to a market to have it weighted...and then drove back to return the fish...but he was denied the record and was then fined...they did it as an example just so other people wouldn't transport live fish around....

If I caught the 22lber...I'd try to keep it alive and make a deal with the fish and game...cause it would be cool to let other people see a fish of this size in an aquarium...be it a public aquarium...or at Bass Pro Shops...and if they allow me to keep it...I'd have it at home...and give it a name too...or maybe tour with it on a truck and a Mobile Aquarium....

But then if I had no choice...and the risk being fined if I kept it alive...I'd thump it on the head(I'd probably regret it though...weep!)...and mount it on the wall myself...
I dont see any problem of people keeping and eating bass at all...I mean back in the years...people used to eat it...we were free to fish for and catch anything we prefer to eat(provided you follow the CREEL LIMIT)...some people like bluegills...some people like bass...and some people like trout...its just a matter of choice...I just get dissapointed though sometimes when I see a family fishing(with the intention to fish for food)...and some angler comes up and tells them to release the fish...or they'd make comments about keeping bass...I mean come on...is "your" intention to have them release the fish just so you could have some fun catching it the next day?...Or you want to spoil a nice family outing and a nice feast at the family dinner table?...

I really believe that anglers should be able to decide what they want to do with their own catch and not be frowned upon...I heard many negative comments about the lady that caught the bass at spring lake...but if it was some famous bass angler that caught it would we comment on him or her too?....

Aahahah...I would love to see a weekend angler scratch George Perry's name off the record...better still a catfisherman!!!
[signature]
bass? who fishes for bass any way?[Tongue][crazy][sly]
[signature]