Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Old Friend.......
Had plans to go "peak bagging" in the Uintas this morning. 40% chance of thunderstorms and cloudy skies made me back out at 5am. Awake I canceled my plans with my partners. Before my head hit the pillow I thought to myself.....maybe it is time to visit an old friend.

Got there before sunrise, musta scared over 20 deer in the dark. Set up at the inlet and threw a glow in the dark Kastmaster I bought at Fish Tech. Quickly the days catch was at hand.

[Image: IMG_9518_zps77056124.jpg]

The sunrise started up, and the fish moved away from shore.

[Image: IMG_9530_zpsa742bc91.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9532_zps93c5741c.jpg]

Hooked up with my fair share of fish, but I just could not get them in.........wondering why I checked again which tackle box I brought....ooops.....the barbless Yellowstone tackle[frown]. Although it could have been the rainbows fault.

[Image: IMG_9552_zps1c710b28.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9551_zps72c39e79.jpg]

With the sunshine coming in, the winds kicking up, and the eyelids getting heavy.....I left.
[signature]
flip her upside down she wont fight you
[signature]
Ha
[signature]

Hooked up with my fair share of fish, but I just could not get them in.........wondering why I checked again which tackle box I brought....ooops.....the barbless Yellowstone tackle[frown]. Although it could have been the rainbows fault.

It's called "keep tension on" [Smile]
Absolutely beautiful.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]
It's called "keep tension on" [Smile]
Absolutely beautiful.[/quote]

Yeah, I gotta work on that now that half my tackle is barbless. I tried increasing the drag, and keeping lots of tension on the line. I think a stiffer rod and different line could go a long way for my hook ups.

At least the water level was somewhat up from last year. LD is one of the few reservoirs that is not going the way of the Newton.[Wink]
[signature]
Plus it makes releasing easier. I guess it could be different with spinning. Stiffer rod makes great sense. Also in setting the hook. I tried glass on carp and lost a few because I couldn't set the hook like I could with a faster. A little practise and it was down, but got to have cooperating fish to do that[laugh]
I was at Dell about a month ago and it seemed fuller than in June.
Great report.
[signature]
Hey ETDT, great use of time and who needs sleep anyway? Love the pics, you sure capture some pretty shots all the time, thanks for sharing them... Later J
[signature]
I'm not sure which you're better at taking, ETDT, photos or phish...
[signature]
[quote RockyRaab]I'm not sure which you're better at taking, ETDT, photos or phish...[/quote]

[Wink]I am beginning to wonder that myself.[Wink]
[signature]
You appear to be pretty darn good at both.

You also have a whole lot more youthful ambition than this portly retiree. Hiking up mountains is no longer on my list of doables. Unless I'd want to make it a one-way trip. Or a HALF-way...
[signature]