Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Story of my life....
So, as I posted earlier this season I harvested a cow elk on the second weekend of the archery hunt this year. I headed out last weekend to see what I could do to fill my deer tag. I was hunting a totally different area, and wouldn't you know I was in elk all evening Friday. I did see 5 bucks (2 shooters), but the elk wouldn't let them anywhere near me. I had this 5x5 bull in to every possible shot angle you could have every wanted inside 30 yards. He came into 8 yards after a cow call. A crazy night, with lots of photos and videos. Not so much on the shooting. Enjoy
[signature]

[signature]

[signature]
Nice video, that elk could tell something was wrong in the first Vid. I guess it could have been worse and you saw no deer or elk[Wink].
[signature]
Yeah, he had been around on both sides of me for almost an hour. And he wasn't too concerned. He went into the woods behind me, and was back 10 minutes later.
I actually did sneak within range (20 yards even) of the deer. But by the time I got by the elk and finally crawled over there, it was so dark I couldn't be positive which buck it was. So, I let him live to see another day whichever one it ended up being.
[signature]
Had a few trips like that myself over the years. That shuts kinda he way it goes. Nice pics and great memories
[signature]
Looks like you had a very entertaining evening, thanks for posting the pictures. [cool]
[signature]
Awesome videos and pics. You've got a heck of a hunting spot.
[signature]
Thanks, it has been kind to me a few times in the past. Not usually quite this eventful.
[signature]