Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing at city parks...
Went for a walk at murray park today and noticed the creek running through. It was off color but looked fishy. Are there fish in these creeks? Can we even fish them? Could make for a quick fix close to home if so...
[signature]
Carp....carp...and more carp!! Big too!!
[signature]
How Big? And can you see them?
[signature]
I would estimate between 17"-30"...some bigger than that. Imagine sight fishing the flats for bonefish. When the water runs lower in the fall you can see pods of them EVERYWHERE!!!
[signature]
Yes there are some big guns in there but there not that easy to spot. You mostly can spot them from higher ground just up the hill be for it dips. I've tried to fish it a few time but no luck yet.
[signature]
It does look like it comes from the Jordan river looking at the map so carp would make sense... I could be wrong though. The water is super dirty now so you can't see anything but we may have to try it out come fall! Thanks for the tips... I wonder if any trout come through there?
[signature]
Ya I might try in the fall and no trout. That pond use to be cleaner and stocked with trouts when I use to live in taylorsville when I was a kid.
[signature]
If trout can survive in the JR they might be able to survive in that strecth of the BC. I'd be happy to try it in the fall as well...I've been giving an 8wt more thought lately.
[signature]
[quote Flyfishinglover]Ya I might try in the fall and no trout. That pond use to be cleaner and stocked with trouts when I use to live in taylorsville when I was a kid.[/quote] what pond are you talking about? I was referring to the creek going through the park
[signature]
[quote TroutMan93]If trout can survive in the JR they might be able to survive in that strecth of the BC. I'd be happy to try it in the fall as well...I've been giving an 8wt more thought lately.[/quote]after carping with my 6wt I am too.
[signature]
In murray park. Yes it's a creek but some people still call it Murray pond. Sorry for the confusion XD
[signature]
I thought it was Little Cottonwood running in there. I fished it years ago. I seem to remember catching a brown.
Never seen the Carp clumps or tails, sound like a plan.[Wink]
[signature]
It is little cottonwood... I read that on the little sign they have by it. I'm sure there are some smaller trout running through there!
[signature]
This makes me wonder if any of those city canals could maybe he holding some fish also?
[signature]
id say give those canals a try, I fished BCC a lot last year near 1300 east and I started hammering big white bass, which was weird but they come through the canals around here and also from, the JR.
Murray park has some big carp and a few trout in there.
[signature]
i THINK.... emphasis on that word, the TDT's, both of them, fish canals in town for carp quiet a bit and do really well
[signature]
Sweet! It would make sense that there are some swimming around in there.
[signature]
I know there are Cutts' in Tanner Park (in the creek). Can fish Memory Grove (City Creek) where TDT fishes. And can probably fish BCC all the way up to the mouth of the canyon in the lower stretches, anyone fished the stretch down by the Old Mill?
[signature]
[quote kochanut]i THINK.... emphasis on that word, the TDT's, both of them, fish canals in town for carp quiet a bit and do really well[/quote]
I was going to stay out of this but since my name was dropped.

Yes in fact we do fish in the city, but.......................We don't report on them anymore.

Tyler I would caution you to NOT post up reports on the inner city fishing. Inner city spots can be quickly ruined by the masses decending upon them. I hope this is a concept that you can understand.
[signature]
Ive caught rainbows and white bass out of the cottonwood creeks in town.
[signature]