Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wyoming Buck
Got my Wyoming Buck on opening day, sunday. I found him a few weeks before the hunt and watched him from about 1000 yards away all day for 3 days before the hunt started. I backpacked in on public land about 7 miles to find this guy. Opening morning I was hid 190 yards away on a steep sidehill when he came out to feed. I sat and enjoyed watching him that close for about 5 minutes before I decided it was time. 168 Berger out of my 7 Mag iced him and he rolled down about 50 yards of rocks before piling. I cringed hearing him smash through the rocks hoping his antlers were intact, lucky for me they were. I love how his horns have a redish color that he got from the red dirt on the steep sub-alpine slope he was living on. It was a brutal hike out of that stuff. There was cliffs and slides we had to lower our packs down with ropes before we climbed through them. He wont go record book, but he's in my record book forever, very fun hunt.
I was able to get lots of video of him through my spotting scope the days leading up to the hunt. If i can figure out how to get them posted here I will.
[signature]
Sweet Congrats!
[signature]
looks like some rough country!!!! Good looking muley!!!!
[signature]
Nice buck!
[signature]
That is a great buck congratulations on a great hunt!
[signature]
Right on! Looks like some time on the hoof paid off for ya. Any measurements? He sure looks like he's got enough bone to sneak into the books.
[signature]
He sports a 29 1/2" outside spread, 9-11" deep forks. He is still short of the books netting out around 181". His eyegaurds really hurt his score, one is 1 5/8" the other is 1". His mainbeams curve back in so much that his inside score really isn't too good either. He is very symmetrical, only a couple inches of deductions.
[signature]
Congrats to you Thom. Your hard work and effort to go where the rest of usually won't has paid off with great dividends. He is a trophy in my book for sure.
[signature]
Amazing buck! love how deep his forks are!

Put that guy up on the wall!
[signature]