Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry or Scofield ?
I've been trying to get a hold of the guys at Strawberry Bay Marina to see if they have any pontoons boats available for Saturday, all I get is a message that was setup for the Thanksgiving weekend. Does any body know the likelyhood of a boat being available if I just showed up Saturday morning or if any body is even running the store.
How about the water/ice conditions? Are we talking open water at the marina. How about some of the bays?
Id love to go after some of them big cuts on the pontoon but if I can't get a pontoon I'll be headed to Scofeild.
I've read some of the post this past week and sounds like there was plenty of safe ice last weekend but has the warmer weather changed that (somehow I doubt it).
Well if the Strawberry thing doesn't pan out maybe I'll see some of you at Scofeild tomorrow.
Life is good, It's friday and I have a WEEKEND HALL PASS!!!
[signature]
I'm sure they've pulled all their boats off the lake. The bays have been getting ice and they like to get them out before there is any chance the lake will freeze. The ramp should be open but I doubt they will put a boat in for you.

It will be incredibly warm in the valleys today and tomorrow, but they say a small storm is coming tonight. It may drop snow at both Strawberry and Scofield. And it will be cold up in the high country, particularly if the wind blows.

Ice fishing at Strawberry - my guess is it will be at least another week before any of the bays are safe.
[signature]
here's a copy of a post by HFT posted 12/1 that should give you an idea of what its like up at strawberry

[size 1]Went to strawberry sunday,Mud Creek. walked out 15' drilled a hole 3" ice but not good solid ice. went out 50', drilled, still 3", looked down the hole to see I was only over 4' of water, Ice did not look safe any farther out. The gentalman who takes the parking money thought I was a fool and asked my wife if I had life insurance.

Stoped by the marina, a couple of the coves had ice in them but lots of open water[/size]
[signature]
[size 1]Quote: "The gentalman who takes the parking money thought I was a fool and asked my wife if I had life insurance."[/size]

[size 1]As a whole we fisherman are indeed fools, wouldn't you agree? I mean, come on. What straight thinking person would go dangle a hooked line in the water, using disgusting baits, just to catch smelly, slimy fish in the dead of winter or in the heat of summer? But I must say, I am a fool and proud of it![/size]

[size 1]m[/size]
[signature]
well not so much in the heat of summer i've been know to jump in lake pole and all and stand in the water and fish i so clumsey i fall in half the time anyway
[signature]