[inline 100_0150.JPG]
[inline 100_0161.JPG]
[inline 100_0167.JPG]
[inline 100_0168.JPG]
Nice day to be out.
[signature]
Fantastic!
[signature]
Nice was just up there a few days ago but mostly fished the upper lake, I did however keep my limit out of the golden pond though Wink
[signature]
Never did make any of the upper lakes this year. Did you catch any tiger trout up there? If so how big are they running now.? Today it was 54 degrees at 2 pm. Sun was bright and warm so didn't need a jacket. Supposed to be 20-25 degrees colder after the storm/cold wave hits. Might be next year before I get back in there.
[signature]
It will warm up this weekend again.
[signature]
Didnt land any tigers didnt even know they were any there, the brookies always seem to be bigger up there so thats why I went up there. The biggest was around 14 with the average around 12. Fishing wasnt the greatest but was fast at times. Tigers are still one I havent gotten into yet but I have got a golden Smile
[signature]
They put about 300 3 inchers in 2010 and again this July. Not many but hopefully a few have grown to a descent size in 3 years.

FG, I know it'll warm up again. The "road" to golden pond is fairly lightly used and it becomes much harder to get in once the snow starts to accumulate even while access closer to Mirror Lake Highway remains good. Besides it's just about big brown time.
[signature]
Glad to see you made it up... I'm hoping to swing up if we get a break in a break on the weather soon.
[signature]
That cork grip is looking pretty clean...new rod?
[signature]
You're very observant. That's my new 5'8" 1 weight rod I had custom built by RDP Flyrods. All of $145. I was getting casts up to about 50 ft yesterday with maybe a 2-3 mph tailwind. That's a legal wind in Track and Field so I'll count it [Wink]. It'll handle 15 inch trout pretty quickly as well. I'm sure it'll get a lot of use on the small streams in Washington County this winter. I know he uses tiger eye blanks for his 4 pc rods. Not sure if these 3 pc rods he started doing are also tiger eye or not. Whatever the blanks are it makes for one sweet little rod.
[signature]
I looked for some pics of the rod. This first one is with Molly my riverdog. It's blurry but it has Riverdog inscribed[inline 100_0046.JPG]

The next one shows it with the TFO BVK 0 reel. Reel cost $5 more than the rod but the whole outfit including line is 5 oz. Hey I'm getting just getting over some right sided wrist tendinitis- so I needed this ultra light outfit[Wink]
[inline 100_0162.JPG]
[signature]
The brown with the gold shimmer is a good looking blank. What's the action?
[signature]
Medium fast. I felt like there was no learning curve- instantly cast accurately and good distance considering it's size.
He sells the 5'8" blanks in 0- 4 wt for $50
and the 4pc 6-9 ft blanks in 2-6 wt for $45-70
as well as kits and custom rods.
[signature]
Great prices, thanks.
[signature]
Very nice! Looks like they have colored up a good bit since I was there. Have they put on some weight for the winter?
[signature]
Colored up part way. But still pretty skinny. I'm betting a fair size die off over winter. Too bad they didn't get some of those into the upper lakes.
[signature]
My newest 4 wt is about that color

Great pics, good to see you're still getting out.
[signature]