Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perch!
My buddy was using "perch" lures and I was using plastic worms for bass!! We caught 43 in an hour and that number would have doubled if I was actually fishing for perch. Granted, I caught all the big ones and they made delicious tacos. Biggest fish was 14" with several being 12"&13".
[signature]
Cascade? Nice catch. Mountains in the background are reminiscent of Cascade. Low water and rocky-pebble beach, not so much.
[quote hooknhunter]Cascade? Nice catch. Mountains in the background are reminiscent of Cascade. Low water and rocky-pebble beach, not so much.[/quote]
Yes, Cascade. Water level is extremely low. We didn't even bother trying to launch the boat and just fished from shore for an hour. We then proceeded to golf Jug Mtn and then Tamarac. Killer day!
[signature]
Wow, those are some hogs and to catch them from shore that is awesome. Did you catch any bass as well?
WH2
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]Wow, those are some hogs and to catch them from shore that is awesome. Did you catch any bass as well?
WH2[/quote]
I usually slay the bass and didn't catch a single one granted, we only fished for an hour and basically fished only one spot.
[signature]
Nice perch you got there. Some tasty fillets no doubt! Those perch tacos look delicious. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
no doubt !
[signature]
How big do the bass average in that lake?
[signature]
Average is probably 12"....largest is 4.5 smally and 4lb largemouth
[signature]
Nice, thanks for the info. Are there also kokanee in that lake?
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]Nice, thanks for the info. Are there also kokanee in that lake?[/quote]
I don't k now...all I've ever fished for is bass, both smallies and largemouth there.
[signature]
wh2....in answer to your question, yes there are kokanee, coho and trout in the lake.
[signature]
Cool, that is what I was told and what I was hoping, it is one of the lakes I want to hit up there next year for perch and kokes. Thanks for the info BTF01
[signature]
Has anyone ever caught a Catfish there? Over the years they have had a few planted there. Ron
[signature]
That's a tasty looking bunch you have there. I've found pretty much all of my largest perch, in the 12-14" range have been caught while bass fishing.
[signature]
I have. In fact, I think I caught the state record bull head there last summer. It was in the ballpark of 22-24 inches, and yes, it was a bull head, not a channel. Threw it back for no good reason (I normally kill ALL catfish, to me they are a plague that needs to be eliminated). After I released it I got looking at the regs and realized that I potentially had released a state record. Major bummer, cause I didn't even take a picture (and I perpetuated the plague).
[signature]
Well I would rather have the catfish plague than only have hatchery planted trout to catch. You think of them as a plague I think of them as the best fishing opportunity the state has to offer. To each his own. Ron
[signature]
I love catfish . I wish we had that fishery over here.
[signature]
Most of us wish it was closer!

Aren't you retired now? It would cost a bunch in gas, but I bet you would have fun if you camped over there for a month or so.
[signature]
I love Brownlee res. We use to spend 10 days a year there . My wife is a lot younger than me and wont be retired for several years . I really don't want to go alone .
[signature]