Event Description:
Tagged Fish Prizes
1-$25,000 Fish
2-$10,000 Fish
1-$5,000 Fish
Most Fish Caught Prizes
Over $100,000 in Prizes!
Other prizes include:
$200 cash and/or gift cards for all tagged fish.

Flaming Gorge

Fees/Admission:
Early Registration by November 1st: $60 Each
Entry Fee: $70 per fisherman (Teams of 2-4)

I was unaware that the bash is now an all winter long event. Anyone have any info on what happened to the weekend bash. All info is posted on the Green River chamber of commerce website. With the event now lasting for 2 and half months I doubt I will enter, I may still make a weekend trip up there though.
[signature]
I know I am not attending. To head out there from where I live is 4 hours, and this year I have to fly my wife's mom out from California to get permission from the boss. I will have one weekend, that's it. No way I am signing up for a 73 day tournament. That one is now catered for locals, and I won't be able to compete against those who will adding to their totals weekly. The good news, if it ends up removing more burbot from fg then we are all winners and it was worth it. I am still waiting for word of a weekend tournament to sign up for.
[signature]
There was such a big turn out last year looks like the guys running the event have dollar signs in their eyes. It would be great if you lived close to the gorge, kinda screws the rest of us if this is true.
[signature]
Participation is certainly going to drop. With how much money is being spent on advertising, and with the large prize payouts pending, they may be feeling a big monetary pinch this year. I just don't know what percentage of participants were local compared to those travelling. Just seems like it's hosing anybody that has a long drive to the Gorge.

I still search online everyday for word of another tournament up there this winter. With my ear to the ground, I haven't heard of anything. The Reeling for Relay burbot tournament is not being held, which is too bad because I really enjoyed it. I'm sure there will be other tournaments, and they may see a surprising number of participants because of no other options for gents like us that come from a long way that aren't participating in the Bash this year.

Who knows, maybe I may just go up with some friends and not do a tournament, just trying to put a hurt on them with no other motive than to fill the freezer and have fun.
[signature]
What you should find out is if you can win the $25,000 for the tagged ling without entrying the bash derby, if not, you still have a chance to catch those money fish, even if you fish for one day/night. Just a different way to looking at it I guess.
[signature]
I'm guessing you don't get anything for catching a money fish if you are not in the tourney, although some of the other tournaments have given prizes for tagged fish in the past.

All negativity and speculation aside, I will say that IF I lived within 2 hours of the Gorge, I would do the bash and hit it every weekend HARD.

It will be interesting to see how it goes down.
[signature]
Thanks for the post about this year's Burbot Bash. The information is basically correct, but a few clarifications might be helpful. The event will include two weekends with prizes for each weekend for the fish caught that weekend. The tagged fish aspect will continue from November 15- January 26th. There will be an instant prize for those who catch a tagged fish (one of 50 from this year or any from previous years) and then the big cash prizes will be awarded (if those fish are caught) at the end on January 26th. You will not need to be present to win. We will have a check in station available throughout the winter and these tagged fish can be frozen unlike the fish caught during the open and closing weekends. We hope this will encourage people to fish throughout the winter as their time allows, as the primary goal is to remove as many burbot from the gorge as possible and especially before the burbot spawn. One day fishing could win you the big prize, while more days improve your chances. There is one fee for the entire event, which also enters you to win a two-year lease on 2014 Ford F-150. Somebody will be driving a new Ford home!! We are working on a new website and an app with all the details, but not quite ready.
[signature]
Thanks for the clarification, and it's making much more sense. As long as there are individuals, I think I am in for the 24-26th.

I am actually very happy that you guys have it set up for an open water weekend to hit them hard right before the spawn. That could be the best thing yet to help control the population.
[signature]
Glad to hear! It's a little confusing, but it was a challenge putting it all together with the different state and federal regulations, but we did finally get all of our permits signed including the Forest Service Permit!! Now trying to finalize website and sponsors to get the word out!
[signature]
Welcome to the site BBG, thanks for signing up and giving us some good info on this comings years Bash.
When I started the Burbot Bash back in 2009, I never could have imagined it would turn into such a big event but I'm glad I had a hand is getting it started. Here is a link to the post that started it all:
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/gforum.cgi?post=450472;search_string=burbot%20bash;#450472"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/...urbot%20bash;#450472[/url]
By the way, do you have an idea on what this web site will be called? I know the name of the guy that owns the domain rights to BurbotBash.com if that helps. Good luck with the upcoming Bash, I hope it is great success.
WH2
[signature]
Thanks for the updates, I will now be a member of the bash this year. Keep us informed on the latest info, sign me up.
[signature]
The Burbot Bash website is up at www.burbotbash.com. Check it out. It works best in chrome or firefox, having a few formatting issues with IE.
Rules have been amended and trying to let everyone know about changes: Visit [url "http://www.burbotbash.com/rules/"]http://www.burbotbash.com/rules/[/url] to see the entire rules or to get an amended version with the changes highlighted. One change involves allowing guides to fish in the tournament, other revolve around the requirements of our insurance company for the tagged fish grand prizes. Refunds will be given if the new changes are unacceptable. Send your request to withdraw from the event and receive a refund to [url "mailto:braymond@daggettcounty.org"]braymond@daggettcounty.org[/url] before 9 pm on November 15th, 2013.

The Burbot Bash App is now available and will be updated as we go along. Android: [url "https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.crowdtorch.burbotbash&hl=en"]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.crowdtorch.burbotbash&hl=en[/url]

iPhone: [url "https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flaming-gorge-burbot-bash/id736818643?mt=8"]https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flaming-gorge-burbot-bash/id736818643?mt=8[/url]
[frown] Bummer the app is not compatible with my phone!

oh well time to upgrade I guess.
[signature]
We do the bash every year and its a tradition, except this year. We may enter the jan 24-26 weekend but there's no chance for us to place. We live 3.5 hours away so we can't make it enough. I'm pretty bummed cause its the biggest tourney in my opinion and I love the bash. Still pushing for a few adventures up there but this ruined the bash for team curlys lures co.
[signature]
You still have a chance to win the Grand prize though, because that is given for a tagged burbot, if I'm not mistaken. You could win the big prize for catching that one tagged fish even if you only fish for an hour.

Tagged Fish Contest:
1 – $25,000 fish
2 – $10,000 fish
1 – $5,000 fish
$200 bounty for each tagged fish
[signature]
Yea you still have the chance but odds are in favor of locals still. I'm still participating in the January weekend cause I love the bash. Should have kept it as same as last year.
[signature]
You are of course right but at least there is hope[Smile].
[signature]
Your chances are just as good as anyone else's that enters for the final weekend. The numbers do not roll over. Beginning and ending weekends are their own seperate tourneys.
[signature]