Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attention EVERYONE.
This last week we have had a rash of unwanted postings here on the utah page. Some have been fowl language, some have been personal attacks, some have just been out of line commentary.

Be warned. This is an increasing problem. If you see ANYTHING that is unwanted here PLEASE send me a private message.

In the past we have just deleted these posts, but I want to stop it cold now.

I will be banning these guests from viewing our site.

A warning to those of you who are causing these problems;

Realize that your internet service provider has assigneed you a number. This is your IP number. It comes up everytime you make a post here and is displayed for me to see. It doesnt matter if you are registered, or just viewing the site, or posting as a guest. I can see who you are.

I can simply click the ban button next to your IP and you will not be able to access the site. As you try to log on the site recognizes your IP number and will not allow you to bring up the forum. Its that easy, one click of the button.

If I find that registered users are logging out and causing these problems posting as guests, I will still ban you.

The only reason I came over here and started this page up was due to the fact that the other site I was using would not stop this kind of behavior. BFT is not a place where you can make personal attacks, derogatory comments, and have your dirty fun.

Be aware, I will not only be deleting your posts anymore, but I will be banning you.

For those users who have been victims to these people, I am sorry. I promise to do my best to stop this behavior.

For those of you who like the ability to post as quests, I am sorry but we may have to remove this option and require that all our users become registered in the future.

To everyone who uses the forum appropriatley, thank you and enjoy.
[signature]
That sounds great, When I get on this site I dont want to see that kind of stuff. just good info and mabey a chance to fish with someone new and try new places.
[signature]
[size 2]I am not a moderator but me personal feelings on it is I would edit the post and e-mail the person and advise them of the term of use and encourage the to register.[/size]

[size 2] If they continued to post trash I would ban them 100%. When I first joined I posted a joke that was PG-17 and had it edited and was sent a PM that some people might be offended.[unimpressed][/size]

[size 2] So of course I toned it down on future jokes. Something I never liked is that guest can post. Several sites I visit do not allow you to do that. You must give a valid e-mail and they will confirm it too.[/size]

[size 2] Anyway hopefully BFT can do something similar.[Wink][/size]
[signature]
Glad to here it Predator. Thanks for cleaning things up. If accountability is the only way to keep guests from posting unwanted trash, then so be it... Although it is unfortunate the few have to ruin it for the many...[Sad]
[signature]
as a fellow moderator i can tell you what predator speaks is the truth your IP adress is known ( but not shared ) and moderators do have the option to ban them so lets keep it civil and enjoy
[signature]
Thanks Predator and all the other mods who work hard to keep this place so great. I'm all for removing the guests ability to post.
[signature]
Its not the ONLY way to control it. We have the ability to turn off a guests ability to post. Heck we can even make it so only registered users can VIEW the site if we want.

We have realized in the past that many people dont quite feel comfortable with signing up for things online. They worry a bit about thier personal info getting out, or other things like that. And some just arent quite ready to get involved in an online community and need a little time to test the water.

The guest posting ability is around for that reason. To allow guys to try out the expirience.

Its just too bad that some guys think they can hide behind the guest name, and cause problems here.

It is interesting to me that people do this. If the site was nothing but a garbage fest, no one would come here. No one would share the info, and the site would die. The end result would be that you would have no reason to come here. But these people who cause these problems, obviously come here, read the info, and find some value in spending time here. So it doesnt make sense why they try to disrupt the place. Unless they dont find value here, in wich case you have to wonder why they still come here?

If you find value here, why try to ruin the place? If you dont find value, why still come here?

I understand that other than the outdoor channel television has become so useless and boring that the internet is now a lot of peoples play world, but why fishermen would try to ruin something good is beyond me.
[signature]
This is the greatest site for fishing and hunting I have ever seen,keep up your great work to keep it that way.
Thank you for all your good work
Mike
[signature]
Thanks for taking the time to make it so the rest of us can enjoy a site where we don't have to worry about the trash talk and garbage that some people bring. Since I have found this site I have told several people of it and their first response was that they didn't want to look it up because of past bad experiences with message boards. They had the same problem most of us have had with derogatory comments that make it so people with awesome info to share don't dare share it and in the long run that hurts the rest of us.

Keep up the good work at keeping a close eye on things.

fishluvr
[signature]
Maybe you ought to check some of the posts on "How to keep cats off your boat" are these the kind of people we have on this site?
[signature]
Like the rest of the world, it's the old 80/20 rule; 20% ruin it for the other 80%. [mad] This isn't face-to-face communication; the world is getting away from that completely. As Thumper's mother said, "If you can't say nothin' nice, don't say nothin' at all."[blush] I enjoy BFT and look forward to meeting EVERYONE some time in the future. We all have our shortcomings BUT the moderators have spoken and, as Ramses II said, sort of, "So let it be posted, so let it be done."
[signature]
Thanks for keeping it clean. I like a good joke like anyone, but you should keep it clean when kids are around. Kids and others who can be offended can see this. The intenet reminds me of CB radio, some people find intestinal fortitude when their anonymous.
[signature]
[size 1]"some people find intestinal fortitude when their anonymous. "[/size]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]No truer words have ever been spoken. That ain't no lie! Being eye to eye has a way of keeping the respect and manners in place![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We're trying to instill good ethics and set examples for the young fisherfolk here so a little thought should go into everyone's words. It's easy to forget and joke in an adult fashion with peers but you never know when the kids and young adults are watching and what they will pick up as being acceptable from reading our posts. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I know I will do what I can to keep it clean and acceptable here and if I err on the side of conservatism, please understand why. Anyone who has fished with me knows, I can go toe to toe with a mad drill sargent's vocabulary but here on the board we'll all try and keep it under control. This not only includes words but unacceptable actions.[/size][/font]
[signature]
I noticed you highlighted EVERYONE and BUT in your last post. That has me alittle worried[crazy] I am kidding of course[sly][Wink][blush]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I'm so glad you're keeping track... [/size][/font]
[signature]
[angelic] KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

I TOLD MY SON ABOUT THIS WEB SITE AND HAVE ALLOWED HIM TO POST MESSAGES BECAUSE OF THE HIGH LEVEL OF EXPERT CONVERSATION THAT IVE SEEN HERE. I FOR ONE WILL NOT RETURN IF THE CONVERSATION GETS SMUTTY OR VULGAR. THERE SEEMS TO BE ENOUGH OF THAT CRAP OUT ON OTHER SITES. THIS SO FAR HAS BEEN ENJOYABLE FOR BOTH OF US

HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND MERRY ICE FISHING TO ALL

JRS4X4
[signature]
Well your doing a good job PREDATOR, I have yet seen any posts you have menchend or even knew they were happening! Keep Up The Good Work
[signature]
Thanks for keeping our site for good clean fun!
[signature]