Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Adams Reservoir
Went and checked out Andy Adams Reservoir this weekend on kayaks. Looks like it has the makings of an awesome fishery. I wasn't expecting to catch anything since its a brand new lake and they just stalked it, but wound up catching about a 12inch Largemouth. Kind of stoked about it.

Its always fun to find a new place to catch some largemouth bass! There were a ton of little trout jumping around us as well.

Anyone else been out there to check it out? What are your thoughts?
[signature]
I don't know about it being a brand new lake, I'm pretty sure it has been there for years. The access point is new however and it could have been private before they added the new public access. I was there last year in the fall and the catching was not good then but I figured if you had a float tube or toon you could get to some good spots. Very good sized pond. Were you fishing from shore?
[signature]
We were fishing from kayaks.

Your right about it not being new, but my understanding is that it's "officially" open to the public with the free walk-in access. The site says they are only going to have it open to the public for 4 more years, and they plan on continuing to stock it.
[signature]
Well that is strange, I wonder why it will only be open for four more years[:/]. Does the site say?
[signature]
It doesn't. My guess is because it is a joint venture with the land owners, they are going to see how it goes and then re-look at keeping it open.[reply][/reply]
[signature]
Here is a pick from my trip! This place has the makings of an awesome fishery!

[image]https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/960166_1420389654844147_776457781_n.jpg[/image]
[signature]
Nice looking bass
[signature]
good job looks like I might try that out this Saturday in my yak.
[signature]