Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Shore Fishing on Strawberry 10/1
First off this my first post on here and Im a first generation fisher but this forum has been immensely helpful to figure this stuff out so I thought I'd share. We usually just use the same ol routine up at Tibble Fork in AF canyon that is close to us and because we can pull the little bows in one after the other with he right setup. My 7 yr old son who is loving the fishing just learned about the State Fish in class and he was so excited to come home and tell me that it was the Cutthroat Trout. This was Monday night so before bed I told him we were going to go have him catch a Cutthroat Trout to tell his class about. You can imagine I spent the evening scouring Big Fish here and watching YouTube videos on how I was going to make this possible seeing as I have never fished anywhere other than my little honeypot up at Tibble Fork with the same system every-time that just seems to work. [:/]

Well we picked up the kids from school and busted it up to Strawberry tonight knowing sunset was at 7:05. We got to Strawberry Bay right at 6PM and hustled down (as much as you can hustle with 5 kids 7 and under) to the northern little coastal inlet where we setup our chairs.

We setup our poles with 6 foot liters off a tough bubble with no water in it, baited with NightCrawlers what I think is like a Texas Rig Style. Half the worm is strung up the hook and line with worm stringer needle then I let the hook come out about halfway through the worm with the end of worm dangling so it looks like a straight worm on line. Line and liters were fluro and we just pitched maybe 15 to 25 yards off of shore. First 30 minutes the Cuts were definitely in that cove and we hooked two 18inchers right away. It was a blast for Tyler my 7 year old and all his fans (little brothers and sisters) to see how big they thought this thing was. It put up a great fight for him and he was so excited to go back and tell his class.

We were so busy taking the fish off the line and having my wife make us take pictures that we probably missed easily a few more of the bigger boys. We stayed until about 7:30 with me trying different methods like a rapala C5 (big mistake with how shallow and how much vegetation in there) but were plenty of little bows in the cove given Tyler a run for his money.

Thanks everyone for all the updates you guys give I seriously could never of done this without all the sharing that goes on.

Fish on!
[signature]
Welcome to BFT, nice report. Your son is going to remember this day for a long time.
[signature]
Excellent report. Love seeing the Smile on a kid's face outdoors. Good job dad on making it happen!!

[inline econ_thumbsup.gif]
[signature]

That is a great report. I hope you will give us many more.
Welcome!!!!
[signature]
I was the same age as your son when I went to Strawberry for the first time with my Grandpa. I remember it as if it were yesterday and it was 45 years ago. I hope your trip impacts your son the same way. Thanks for the report .
[signature]
I don't have a son (unless you count Baxter)[laugh] But I know what you mean O.P.[Wink]
[signature]
I love this! Like stickhorse I too learned from my grandpa at strawberry. Those are some of my best memories fishing, and it started my love affair with chasing the little buggers. That and stopping for the beef jerky on the way! You're doing a great thing for your boy. And congrats on the nice fish!
[signature]
Way to go!!!
[signature]
Nice, my son loves going there too. Keep it up.
[signature]
My grandparents also took me to Strawberry as I was growing up. They taught me how to troll. What great memories!
[signature]