Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone fished big cotton wood canyon
I've been up there lately by silent rock and caught one fish yesterday on a parachute adams but was wondering whats working up there???
[signature]
I haven't been up there in a couple weeks, but i had good luck all summer with a caddis dropping a copper john.
[signature]
Try Scuds. Olive and Grey.
[signature]
Prince nymphs and scuds will produce year round. So if there's no dry action that's what I'll use.
[signature]
It's become my favorite creek--all summer my daughter had soccer practice a couple nights/week in Cottonwood heights so I'd drop her off, fish for 45-60 minutes below silent rock and then back to pick her up. Renegades, parachute adams, and small caddis would always catch fish.
[signature]
we went up there and did alright
[signature]
Fished it again yesterday afternoon for 2 hours in the rain, caught 9 all on top with a #16 renegade and #18 parachute adams. Most were 8-9" with a few larger, one fat brown topping out at 13". Caught several browns, a couple rainbows, and a couple brookies.

Mike
[signature]
I love fishing up there... I always use a hairs ear as a dropper and 9 out of 10 they take that over the dry. It's nice to have something so close to home
[signature]
As much as I love going up to the provo I need to find something a little closer to home, I think it's time to check out BCC.

Would anyone mind letting me know roughly where Silent Rock is? Is that somewhere between storm mountain the the s curve?
[signature]